Official ScriptUO EasyUO Scripts > Script Debug

Animal Taming 0.1 for Public Testing

<< < (2/3) > >>

VicVega:

--- Quote from: Ultima on May 29, 2009, 05:33:00 PM ---I finally got around to testing this script. I got my butt thrown in jail the other day for using Maddog's Jhelom Bull Pen Trainer so some other method to get gains is urgently needed. 8)

I added Gamans to the list which are great for gains I really don't understand why more people don't tame gaman's to 120 instead of Bulls. I 120'd my first tamer off Gamans. Totally secluded and virtually danger free....

Anyways...I couldn't get the script to work for me. After taming the Gaman it would give the All Follow Me command but wouldn't release newly tamed pet and dismount and kill it. When I manually released the pet it killed it but then the script just sat there idle.

Not quite sure where the problem lay. It could be my end with my client. There are quite a few scripts that won't run on my main computer but will on my computer which runs Windows Vista. I'll try it on my 2nd computer as well and see if the results are any different.

Hopefully someone else also gives this a try because we really do need more taming scripts. ;)

--- End quote ---

In order to release the pet I use this command:

--- Quote ---exevent popup %tameID 10
--- End quote ---

May be you are on a Sphere shard? (Sphere shards don't support the exevent popup command)

Or may be you are in a shard wich is RunUO but doesn't support exevent popup command anyway.

If exevent popup works fine on your shard, may be the entries on the context menu when you click on the animal are different and it's not the 10th entry wich has the "release" option, in that case you should change "10" by the entry number of your "release" option.

If the exevent popup command doesn't prompt the pop up confirmation window about releasing the pet, the script will loop on this line:

--- Quote ---  exevent popup %tameID 10
  while %waitForGump = #true

--- End quote ---

TrailMyx:
RunUO supports event popup for some reason, but OSI does not.  You have to handle the gump instance and do the clicking yourself.  Normally for my scripts to be compatible for both RunUO and OSI, I generally just do the click myself instead of using the built-in selection function.

It's annoying for a function like this to be basically broken in EUO, but it's been this way forever.

seeriusly:
Perhaps if you just guild your tamer, all you'd have to do is say all kill...  ???  That's what I do when taming gamans...  ride ethereal, and have mare to kill.  Haven't tried the script, but will keep it in mind.

Noobie:
I found that if i add a Return in i was able to mount back up not sure what you had in mind with the finditem %steedID, but i got it to run better with out it.

sub killPet
  gosub dismount
  gosub atackTamedPet %tameID
  finditem %steedID
  while #findKind <> -1
  {
    gosub mount
    finditem %steedID               <<<<<<<<<<<<< Return
  }

UOMaddog:
I'm glad to hear soo many people using my script, however I do understand the frustration of Jhelom Farms! I very much like the way VicVega has his code organized (I'm OCD about stuff like that myself!) and I also like his idea of the taming "chart" so to speak. You could put almost an entire library of animals in the script, broken down into 5.0 skill segments (some animals may be in multiple sections). You already have it in there for the most part, but I'd honestly try to make it as large of a list as possible and break it down into smaller segments (such as 5.0). I am in the process of totally revamping my script at the moment (trying to make it much less Twinkle McNugget) so I'm trying to avoid reading through all your code cuz then it sticks in my mind and I unintentionally use bits and pieces. However, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me and we could work on stuff together!

Just an idea, but one of the best community projects might be an SUO Ultimate Taming Trainer! Something that would function flawlessly with a GM Detector, healing, paragons, moving to new taming areas, etc. Kind of like Roadkill's all-in-one taming script on EUO, but a million times better! The reason I suggest this is because I know 3-5 of us have been working on our own taming scripts and it seems like we might be able to put something even better together if we work together!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version