Official ScriptUO EasyUO Scripts > Script Debug

Looking for the master

(1/2) > >>

xxcaptainxx:
I would desperately love to learn to make scripts, but alas i am kind of clueless anyone care to be my teacher?

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: xxcaptainxx on August 08, 2008, 05:22:28 PM ---I would desperately love to learn to make scripts, but alas i am kind of clueless anyone care to be my teacher?

--- End quote ---

Well, best is to pick a script that you use, but might like to modify for your own purpose.  Then just modify it.  If you have questions, post'em up and we can certainly try and help you.

xxcaptainxx:
not sure how to modify them as i am un knowing to commands and all i mean i ahve added item support and all but not much else i don't know were to begin

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: xxcaptainxx on August 08, 2008, 05:32:19 PM ---not sure how to modify them as i am un knowing to commands and all i mean i ahve added item support and all but not much else i don't know were to begin

--- End quote ---

Well, the best thing is to start small and just look at the scripts that you run and try and understand them.  Visit the EasyUO Wiki help section to see what each of the commands do and try to compare the information in the Wiki help with the command in the script you're running.  If you load a script in ScriptUO, and highlight a command, you can get the specific Wiki help for each command.  This might help so you don't have to go hunting all over.

Khameleon:
how I learned.. and lol still do for some idea's... I started out by looking at all the commands.
like Move, Finditem, ect.. small things and I wrote a small script
ex:
Finditem xxx
halt
I would then look at the findid findtype. then I would just play around with it.
finditem xxx
if findkind <> -1
display ok Found!
else
display ok not found
HALT

or
Set %x #Charposx + 5
Set %y #CharPosy - 5
Move %X %Y
HALT

there are some examples in the wiki of easyuo docs.
take a look at some of them.

or find a small script and use F8 to single step through it and see what each line does..
I've spend countless hours stepping threw TM's CLaw and I still have no idea what some of the script does :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version