Author Topic: Script "Library"  (Read 4043 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Script "Library"
« on: May 15, 2011, 04:58:58 PM »
This is mainly pointed towards TM or Cerv I would imagine, but is there any possibility of getting a script "library" that is indexed and cross-referenced similar to the way EasyUO.com has organized their scripts? I think it would make it a lot easier for people to find the script they need and also so that people can see what other choices they may have for a particular skill training or resource mining script. A ranking system so that people can rate it based on different criteria (easy of use, setup intensity, speed, efficiency, etc) would be stellar! Just a thought to throw out there while 12X is cleaning up the script submission section!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Script "Library"
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:08:33 PM »
I was always partial to the one i get Freddy to set up back in the winuo days.  everything was tagged and lined up with the script tabs. library.  it allowed scripts to appear in multiple appropriate categories and was so darn easy to use.

example you clicked crafting and all the crafting categories showed up.  in many ways similar to easy uo but it wasnt a one page layout.  pretty sure the system i am talking about does not work with these boards but all the same i favor more categories in a layout in general.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »
The best you're going to get here is the automatic index mod I have installed:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?action=indice

If a mod doesn't exist for SMF, then it just won't happen here.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »
Now that isn't too bad either besides the fact that I had never noticed it...hehe

we could add more categories to that if we wanted i assume

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »
It just indexes the sub-forums.  So if we break up the scripts into more categories stored in sub-forums, it serves the same purpose.

"Automatic Index" is in the menu bar for the site right next to "My Messages"
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 06:02:33 AM »
In the meantime, MD, we are having multiple discussions about the script library and script organization so you will hopefully see some more changes for the better in the near future. SMF may have it's limitations but we still want to make the library more intuitive or at least make it easier to find what you are looking for.

Stay tuned!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 09:08:02 AM »
search button works well when im looking for something but i always get the error u don t have access to that sometimes

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 06:30:27 PM »
Sorry for the necro post

Now that isn't too bad either besides the fact that I had never noticed it...hehe

we could add more categories to that if we wanted i assume

At winuo, all scripts were tagged with whatever categories they belonged to when adding them to the script board. The method I used at winuo would work here too, if SMF supports tags. The categorie links that were in the bouncy menu just searched the tag list and displayed whatever posts matched the tag criteria.  It wasn't integrated into vbulletin.  

The automatic index here is similar, but a little less pretty. the only thing Trailmyx would have to do is install jquery (you just put the jquery file on the server somewhere) and edit the smf main page php file and manually add the menu in.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »
lol, if an official mod doesn't exist for it, I don't do it.  ScriptUO runs on 100% generic, off-the-shelf code.  Actually I have customized the shoutbox a bit here, but that's it.  ;)

With that said, I'm working with a known SMF mod provider to write something more customized for the idea of a script library.  We'll see if anything comes from that.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 06:41:42 PM »
lol, if an official mod doesn't exist for it, I don't do it.  ScriptUO runs on 100% generic, off-the-shelf code.  Actually I have customized the shoutbox a bit here, but that's it.  ;)

With that said, I'm working with a known SMF mod provider to write something more customized for the idea of a script library.  We'll see if anything comes from that.

someone doesn't sound adventurous :P

But using a mod that isn't designed for your platform  could result in bad things happening. I remember the menu bar being a huge pain in the ass to implement.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 06:45:56 PM »
Lol, these days I'd rather pay someone to do it for me.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »
It just indexes the sub-forums.  So if we break up the scripts into more categories stored in sub-forums, it serves the same purpose.

"Automatic Index" is in the menu bar for the site right next to "My Messages"
So becuase i never inserted a Tag it never will be landing in?:P
Thats bad!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 06:51:16 AM »
I use scriptlance.com for all my website modifications and things.  It is a pay service.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 06:52:44 AM »
I use scriptlance.com for all my website modifications and things.  It is a pay service.

Ya, I'm chatting with one of the main SMF mod gurus.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: