Author Topic: Another introduction  (Read 1957 times)

Offline DollpartzTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Dollpartz has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Another introduction
« on: May 05, 2012, 02:00:45 AM »
Hello all, my name is dollpartz, most call me doll for short. I wanted to introduce myself and hopes of getting myself out there and into the social aspect of UO and get to know some of the nice people here since I've decided UO is where I'll be spending a big portion of my free time.

A little about myself, I entered the MMO world about 15 years ago with a MUD called Achaea. I played Achaea for about 10 years and moved on to World of Warcraft. I played WoW for probably two years before I just got bored with it. It has no depth and I needed a MMO with depth, not just mindless grinding. I jumped around a lot at this point; Guild Wars, Warhammer Online, Everquest, Lord of the Rings Online and recently Rift. All of these games just felt like cheap knockoffs of WoW. That's just my opinion, though, don't bash me if you feel differently.

So I sought out something different. I dabbled with EVE Online for a few months until I just came to the conclusion it wasn't me. Science Fiction just isn't my thing. So back to searching.

I stumble upon Ultima Online randomly and I read several things stating UO is a MUD with graphics. Wow! A dream come true!

So anyway, I landed here a true "noob" to UO. I know very, very little about UO in general aside from the sheer volume of UO wikis and forums.

A little about me:
I grew up in a small Indiana farming community. Since, l've lived in Chicago, New York, New Delhi, Paris, Jakarta & San Francisco. I'm into entrepreneurship, travel, languages, art, architecture, scuba, running, biking & swimming (KONA Rohto Ironman). Most importantly, I've got serious parking karma to offset my unfortunate habit of rooting for the Cubs.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Another introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 07:42:19 AM »
More correctly, I think WoW is a lush and lavish knockoff of Everquest.  hehe

Anyhow, welcome to the site!  As long as graphics aren't your sticking point, you'll find UO to be much deeper than any of the games out there.  Period.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »
WELCOME!

I too am a cub Fan - sigh

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 10:35:03 AM »
Hello and welcome and thank you for your good Introduction!

Cheers Crome

Offline DollpartzTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Dollpartz has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome guys. I am going to teach myself the basics of scripting from these tutorials here as my reasons for being here are balanced between knowledge and power :)
I just wish I had more time to study scripting.... My schedule is really busy atm with school and work

Post Merge: May 07, 2012, 03:40:27 PM
By the way- what shards do you guys play? I've had a dabble with a few in the last couple of weeks but haven't found one that really "stuck".
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:40:27 PM by Dollpartz »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
Atlantic is the most populated, Baja is a great RP shard for those that are into RP, I play on Chesapeake. Chessy which has a nice mix of play styles. There is RP and quite a bit of PvP at the moment, There are a lot of helpful and friendly guilds. If you like PvP and an unsafe shard, you can try Siege Perilous. There is no insurance there and no Trammel, the entire shard is PvP. Welcome to UO and ScriptUO.  :)

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 06:30:02 AM »
I play Demise and Hybrid. :D

Tags: