Author Topic: Filling the new Bods, like carpentry, cooking, inscription etc.....  (Read 16171 times)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Filling the new Bods, like carpentry, cooking, inscription etc.....
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2020, 11:28:44 AM »
Hi Thargorff,
Depends on the size. You can attach here in a message, or include in a code box. Feel free if it is small enough to send to me in a PM here. Since you also happen to have my contact on Discord, then you could forward the files to me that way.

Gaderian
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:56:29 PM by Gaderian »
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 12:17:40 PM »
so there are bods now for all the resources? am i seeing that correctly? I am sure i can contribute time and effort into finding all the ids and such for the skills as I have and pretty sure everyone else in the game has them GM'd. Just let me know what you need assistance on!!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 02:04:25 PM »
So there is a tool above that will gather information out of a BOD book and write it to a text file.
It helps if you have it already sorted by craft skill.
In particular we are looking for help filling out all the data possible.
Generally speaking, tailoring and blacksmith have already been done by other public tools out there for bod sorting/filling. I can't answer whether that is a complete list or if anything was added with the changes a few years ago. My list above is very short in those skills because the player who offered to allow me to go through their BOD books really didn't save much for Tailoring/Blacksmithing because either they were filled and turned back in or given away to a friend.

If you want to sift and sort against the above lists by skill and return to me a list of your unique results - that would be amazing. It is a lot of work. I have a really nice text editor that I did that sorting with, so everything you read above probably took me under 2 hours to do all those skills and write the tool. Now to run the tool is pretty simple.

If volunteers can run the tool against their BOD books and even forward the files to me, I wouldn't mind sifting and sorting on a lazy weekend afternoon. Right now the goal is to gather data. I am hoping it will be done soon. A few have volunteered to help, but I haven't received any data yet from them.

Thanks!

Gaderian

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2021, 11:14:41 AM »
Here is my tinker file.. i can do others - all craft skills.. just need to know if this is what you want?

i can also filter it out to just do smalls.. and then another for larges since it doesnt properly do that..

and what about 10/15/20?

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tinker.txt

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2021, 01:13:00 PM »
All bods come in 10/15/20 so the quantity for this step isn't important.
For the bods that can be normal or exceptional, that applies to only some (smith, tailor, tinker, carpentry, fletching, but not inscription, alchemy). I have no idea on cooking.

I believe this to be a complete inventory (other than quantity, quality) for large BOD:

So we need to concentrate on small bods.

I am going to merge what we have collected.

Thanks for your contributions so far.

The next step will be menu and resource research.

Gaderian

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2021, 01:27:33 PM »
okay i will get you tons more bod info today then.. i have a bunch of books i been saving up for this..

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2021, 09:45:10 PM »
Earlier I updated all the list info with what we know so far on the post from the first page.

Gaderian

Offline Nuscheltier

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nuscheltier has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2021, 11:33:02 PM »
Hi there, I have like 500+ tinker bods, do you still need the data on these? Else I can start collecting fletcher/alchemy and extract them - if thats of any use for you.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2021, 03:58:41 PM »
I am going on the assumption that blacksmith and tailoring bods are well documented, because these have been around for so many years and used by so many players - it would be mentioned if something were missing at this point.

Inscription bods are listed for all magery and necromancy spells, so I assume that part is complete. However, I do not have the necromancer spellbook listed, which is part of a large bod. How is it spelled and capitalized? In the compilation is Spellbook Engraving - is that line complete?

Cooking is similarly missing the three tiered cake. Maybe you need the recipe on your character to get that small bod request? How is it spelled and capitalized?

Carpentry bods are all lowercase, except for Large Crate - can this be confirmed?
As of 1/25/2021, here is what is known to be lacking based on a comparison of the large bods available on uo.com and the list of smalls compiled above:
Alchemy:
Blacksmithing:
Bowcraft:
Carpentry:
Cooking:
 three tiered cake
Tailoring:
Tinkering:

Verification desired:
Carpentry:
 Large Crate

That is what is known.
If you have a book of bods and want to run the tool against it and compare your output to the earlier list, that would be great. Please post anything you have which is different.

Aside from the 4 I identified above, it is likely every small bod name is known.

What can still come out of this would be large bod vs small bod capitalization. It is already known that there is a difference in the formatting.

More data that is needed for the project:
1) Large BOD identification from some sort of OCR
2) item craft menu offsets: category, page, row
3) item types, material(s) and quantity
4) can the item be crafted exceptional?
5) at max skill, what is the % chance to craft exceptional item? (this leads into equipping craft bonus items)

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 02:12:45 PM »
Verification desired:
Carpentry:
 Large Crate

Verifying your data - it is Large Crate for the carpentry and Spellbook Engraving Tool  for inscription. If you need screenshots let me know.

For inscription the Necromancer spellbook its listed like this in the large - Necromancer Spellbook

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2021, 08:46:28 AM »
Thank you. That is perfect!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2021, 07:33:04 PM »
I updated the list in the earlier post to correct 'keg' (I think it was a broken data piece referring to potion kegs or a carpentry reference rather than tinkering). Such a think doesn't exist in tinkering, so it definitely doesn't belong there. Maybe something will come out of it in the future when some real testing happens, but for now it is gone.

I am in the process of merging the craftinfo from some research by caines and the Ghost.

The sudden burst of progress is from being off for summer! I would like to see some of this knocked out in the coming weeks. Hopefully some will be willing to run some testing for me.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2021, 09:35:01 PM »
I am looking for some assistance on this project.
Any willing volunteers?

Here is the task:
Get the craft menu data, ingredients list and skill requirements in each of these categories.
alchemy
carpentry* (80% of this is done, but needs some more help)
cooking
fletching
inscription (finished 6/15/2021)

If you are willing to volunteer but think, I do not have that skill - it can be accomplished on Test Center - where everyone is GM of all trades.  ;)

In order to craft the items using the script, there are 9 categories of information.
1a) The project needs next the ID of each of the items.
1b) If the item can have a different orientation (lock down and turn with interior decorating tool), then we need all the possible orientations.
2) Object weight
3) Recycle method: trash, smelt, scissors
4) Craft menu category name
5) Selection, there are 10 per page, so page 1 has 0-9, while page 2 has 10-19, page 3 has 30-39, etc.
So either the combined number or break it up into:
5a) Craft menu page
5b) Craft menu selection on the page
6) How many skills required to make it?
7) Pairs of skill name and min requirement. (skill names: alchemy, blacksmithy, carpentry, cooking, fletching, magery, music, tailoring, tinkering)
#8) How many ingredients are needed?
9) Pairs of ingredient name and quantity needed.
Ingredients can have compound names, so just underscore for any spaces: Brilliant_amber Dark_Sapphire Parasitic_plant White_pearl, etc.

Even if you did part of the work for a skill, it would help tremendously.

If your information is well formatted, then I can do the rest to assemble the craft script.

This spoiler offers more detail on the explanation for what is needed, but below I have what I really want.
Spoiler: show

Here is just a list version of the information:
[craft menu name with underscores]
[weight]
[item types] Especially in Carpentry, items can be locked down and turned which will give up to 4 item types
[recycle method]
[craft menu category name]
[craft menu category number]
[craft menu selection]
[how many skills are required]
[skill name] [minimum skill] These can repeat for as many skills as are required
[how many ingredient types are needed]
[ingredient] [amount] These can repeat for as many skills as are required

Here is an example using 2 ingredients, bone arms. These have 2 orientations - so 2 types and these need both leather and bones.
if %1 = bone_arms || %1 = bone , #spc , arms || %1 in bqh_qph
 gosub _sub bone_arms bqh_qph 2 trash bone_armor 10 2 1 tailoring 920 2 leather 8 bones 4

Here is an explanation of each item, but I wouldn't need all the description, just trying to make it clear to match up to the menu:
name:bone arms
types:bgh_qph
recycle: trash
category: bone_armor
category number: 10
menu selection: 2
how many skills: 1
skill 1: tailoring
skill 1 requirement: 920
how many ingredients: 2
ingredient 1: leather 8
ingredient 2: bones 4

Here is what I want as a minimum. 1 line per entry with the values:
Code: easyuo
  1. bone_arms bgh_qph trash bone_armor 10 2 1 tailoring 920 2 leather 8 bones 4

If you want to go the extra mile and make the craft script entries, here is an example using 2 ingredients, bone arms. These have 2 orientations - so 2 types and these need both leather and bones.
Code: easyuo
  1. if %1 = bone_arms || %1 = bone , #spc , arms || %1 in bqh_qph
  2.  gosub _sub bone_arms bqh_qph 2 trash bone_armor 10 2 1 tailoring 920 2 leather 8 bones 4

Expand this spoiler if you need individual description names in place.
Spoiler: show
if %1 = [craft menu name with underscores for spaces] || %1 = [craft menu name with ' , #spc , ' for each space] || %1 = [TYPE]
 gosub _sub [craft menu name with underscores for spaces] [weight in stones] [recycle method] [craft menu category name] [craft menu category number] [craft menu selection] [how many skills are required] [craft skill 1] [craft min skill] {these can repeat for more craft skills:[craft skill n] [craft skill n]} [number of ingredient types] [ingredient 1] [ingredient 1 amount] {these can repeat for more ingredients:[ingredient n] [ingredient n amount]}

Here is just a list version of the information:
Code: [Select]
[craft menu name with underscores]
[weight]
[item types] Especially in Carpentry, items can be locked down and turned which will give up to 4 item types
[recycle method]
[craft menu category name]
[craft menu category number]
[craft menu selection]
[how many skills are required]
[skill name] [minimum skill] These can repeat for as many skills as are required
[how many ingredient types are needed]
[ingredient] [amount] These can repeat for as many skills as are required

Here is an explanation of each item, but I wouldn't need all the descriptions, just trying to make it clear to match up to the menu:
Code: [Select]
name:bone arms
types:bgh_qph
recycle: trash
category: bone_armor
category number: 10
menu selection: 2
how many skills: 1
skill 1: tailoring
skill 1 requirement: 920
how many ingredients: 2
ingredient 1: leather 8
ingredient 2: bones 4

« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 03:40:23 PM by Gaderian »

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2021, 02:22:10 PM »
oh me me me me me me please! just send me a tell or message or IM.. will test any and all skills out.

Got the resources already, got almost all the bods, at least 500 of each to start with.. will gladly do some testing!!!

Offline Hitechs

• Activity:
    0%
  • Hitechs has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2021, 05:30:10 PM »
interesting thread,
great way to start my journey to editing together a scribe bod filler

Tags: