Author Topic: Anat or SS for Swampie?  (Read 3906 times)

Offline lob91Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lob91 has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Anat or SS for Swampie?
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:44:37 AM »
my swammpie is going to be in vamp form unless fighting specific bosses where wraith is better.

my question is, do I need the SS? or could I use it to get the 8 second timer for evade by picking up anat?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Anat or SS for Swampie?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 08:01:45 AM »
I like having Spirit Speak.

Sometimes you get can get yourself in a bad situation or bite off more than you can chew and having a window where your leeching 70% (Vampire Form + Curse Weapon) can dig you out of alot of holes.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 08:07:56 AM »
Well the 120 SS or even GM is going to greatly increase your timer on curse weapon.  There is a timer that is based on skill that I put into my code for farmers with these templates.  Like ultima said, SS allows for more life leaching because curse wep stacks with a weapons life leach and the vampire forms life leach that allows you to handle crazier bosses.

Anat is going to up your damage and is beautiful when you do not need to be spamming curse wep on lower stuff.  I use anat because i don't solo peerless bosses so much.  If I was to go in head to head with medusa or lady M... I would not dream of leaving SS off the template.

Offline lob91Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • lob91 has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 11:35:59 AM »
hrmm... thanks for the info. I thought it would be nice to be able to evade every 8 seconds rather than 20, but you do put up a good argument about the life leech. I used to run this temp with disco/music and only 24 necro to get in form, and that was by far the best way to go. however, they fixed the peace bug, and ruined the best pvm temp :(

Post Merge: April 02, 2010, 04:15:30 PM
How about the general gameplay for killing monsters?

protection casted in vamp form most of the time. Which bosses should I be in wraith for?

basically
evade every 20 seconds
feint when not evading?
do I constantly have my wep cursed?
lightning strike every single hit?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:15:30 PM by lob91 »

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 05:04:11 AM »
My Suggestion... listen to Ultima.... nuff Said.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
My Suggestion... listen to Ultima.... nuff Said.

Thanks Kham.  :)

It's really all about preference and being comfortable. You gotta bring the right tools for the job at hand. I've seen some of the Asian players on my shard do some amazing things with just Vampire Embrace (20% Life Leech).

You have to experiment and find out what works best for you.

How about the general gameplay for killing monsters?

protection casted in vamp form most of the time. Which bosses should I be in wraith for?

basically
evade every 20 seconds
feint when not evading?
do I constantly have my wep cursed?
lightning strike every single hit?

I always wear "protection". For the Top Tier monsters like Rikktor, Dreadhorn, Mephsitus, or 160 Barding Difficulty you should use Lightning Strike on every swing. And keep Curse Weapon up...If your damage output is high enough some monsters you can get away with just 20% Leech.

Make sure you know your weapon and the monster your fighting. What is the monster's weakness or Achilles heel? This pays huge dividends.

You can choose to spam consecrate weapon when needed but it saps mana and it's time that could be spent using confidence or something else. And it's usually only good for 3 or 4 swings. So if possible make sure your wielding a weapon that is going to do the most damage to whatever it is your fighting. UOGuide has the majority of monsters...go find their weakness as this will help alot and determine if your using the right weapon and whether or not you need to use Consecrate Weapon.

I'm a Swordsman so I can't comment on Feint because I haven't used a leafblade against Top Tier Monsters. Now with Imbueing I plan on putting together a nice Daisho and testing it's limits.

I'm not sure if Evade and Feint are mutually exclusive (I think they are). I would go with Feint over evade. With Evade your not guaranteed to block..with evade you are guaranteed to receive less damage.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:40:33 PM by Ultima »

Offline gooners

• Activity:
    0%
  • gooners has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 12:02:53 AM »
sorry for my newbness here so with feint can u have that on a macro on your keyboard as well and is it better than parry. i have to ask these questions as i am almost getting to grips with this game after only 96 months of running an account hahahahahahaha please be gentle with me lol cheers all :P :P

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 05:33:07 AM »
Feint reduces the damage dealt to you, Parry eliminates damage for an attack. Working together is excellent. Throw in some Evasion and you are defending yourself VERY well.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: