Author Topic: champer, provoker  (Read 4396 times)

Offline sPitTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sPit has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
champer, provoker
« on: April 12, 2010, 08:22:42 PM »
I am playing on freeshard and i made my own idea template, little bit weird but works well on lord Oax:
basic idea was to use mage weapon - magery affect xbow and have 120 magery...
i am using crossbow with sc -1fc 21magery ssi10 48 lighting and 30 mana leech, 1/2 swiftness cap, talisman +5magery, jewels 1/2s with lrc and magery and lrc,resist set.
my skills are 120magery,120provo,100music,120disco,100eval,90medit,65resist spells

I tryed other ways and this is OK, if you got any ideas, tell me please, it is just normal provoker-discoer, but i like weird not stereotype templates. I never liked pvm, but champing is adventure ! :)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: champer, provoker
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:32:30 PM »
120 music would be nice.  i didnt even know u could pull off a disco on a champ without it.  nice!
Not sure how much you really get out of 65 resist.  thinking that possibly go 120 music and put rest in necro to go into wraith form and leech mana on eq and meteor storms.  just  a thought to stretch the use

• Activity:
    0%
  • sPit has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:46:47 PM »
yep, necro would be nice im gonna try that, just resists are needed, if raid comes... I also tryed without disco but chivlary and tactics and higher eval, not bad. 

d'oh..!  anyways now i see i play on other settings.. myth..mysticism whats that? :D i never heard about that

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:35:26 AM »
Mysticism is a new skill that came out on the EA/Mythic production shards with the release of the Stygian Abyss expansion pack.  It is a new spell caster skill, with 16 (i think) spells. 

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Krusty The Klown

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Krusty The Klown has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 10:21:43 AM »
yep its 16 spells. Nether Bolt, Healing Stone, Purge Magic, Sleep, Mass Sleep, Cleansing Winds, Rising Colossus, Bombard, Spell Trigger, Enchant, Eagle Strike, Animated Weapon, Spell Plague, Stone Form, Hail Storm. It uses either focus or imbueing and the damage modifier same as evaluate intelligence for magery highly underrated skill IMO

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 08:41:55 AM »
120 music would be nice.  i didnt even know u could pull off a disco on a champ without it.  nice!

You chances are slim to none. You don't get the canned message "that is beyond your skill level" but the percentage is absurdly low. I've tried this many times on 160's and it seems like it's 1 in 50 or more. The barding calculator on stratics is out of wack...no way is it what it says it is.

You better have patience and time on your hands if you plan on discording a 160 with 100 Music. Even at 120/120 it can be difficult.

Test and see for yourselves...

From my experience 100 music is not condusive to dealing with any 160's.

My patience level doesn't allow for 100 Music on any of my bards.

Then again I could just be unlucky! ???

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 08:55:51 AM »
No, Ultima, my experience has been exactly as you described.  Your chances of discording any 160 barding difficulty monster with only 100 music are terribly low.  Even with 120 music and 120 discord, you are going to fail quite a few times normally before you get it discorded.  Once in a while you may get lucky and get it on the first try... but those are the exceptions, not the rule.  Discording without 120 music is just a waste in my opinion.  I typically do not have all day to sit around waiting for this thing to be discorded.

The same holds true for peacemaking.  Unless you are just planning to use area peace all the time, 120/120 is a must.

Ditto for Provo!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

• Activity:
    0%
  • sPit has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
Not sure how much you really get out of 65 resist.  thinking that possibly go 120 music and put rest in necro to go into wraith form and leech mana on eq and meteor storms.  just  a thought to stretch the use

O.K necro sucks, no place for ss. But yea, i put 120 music.. I am 120magery,120provo,120music,120disco,105eval,90medit,40resist spells now

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
Isnt 40 resist spells kind of useless? I would use those 40 pts towards eval 120 and med 120.  Thats just me though.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 06:33:47 PM »
i found discording isn't as high as it used to be.  The Ancients dug up during a thunt laughed me as they chomped

Tags: