Poll

Just how important is Medable Armor?

Necessary
10 (90.9%)
Not Needed
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Armor Question for Melee Chars  (Read 8908 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Armor Question for Melee Chars
« on: July 28, 2010, 11:21:25 AM »
Just how important is medable armor on melee chars? Most are leechers so they get back mana by hitting stuff....

If it's necessary, is it worth burning one imbue spot to add it?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Armor Question for Melee Chars
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »
Human or elf?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:23 AM »
Ahhh... see now your tossing in variables LOL.... I have an idea using NON-med armor that would make resists easily done... but again, it's NON-med armor.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »
Can't vote without all the relevant info... too many variables..

PvP or Pvm ??

Does the character rely on Mana.. (Yes I've seen PvP Dexxers that do not)

In General... I'd say go MED for PvP characters... for PvM non-Med is ok in some situations especially if your talking about Woodland Armor with HUGE mods etc..   it just depends...

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 11:38:08 AM »
What are you really gaining for resists with non-med armor nowadays? It's easy enough to build a 70's suit now with med armor and you don't lose the little bit of passive med you gain for doing nothing but wearing med armor and being human. 2 MR is 2 MR!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 12:04:40 PM »
Like having 28 and 18 resists in two slots using only 1 imbue. Only thing is, that it would be NON med.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 12:17:15 PM »
If human yes
If elf with med yes
If elf no med no
If gargoyle with med yes
If gargoyle no med no

If me I win
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 12:32:07 PM »
Just how important is medable armor on melee chars? Most are leechers so they get back mana by hitting stuff....

If it's necessary, is it worth burning one imbue spot to add it?
This realy depends on what u plan on doing with the template.  In pvp not haveing meadable armor can mean the differnce of life and death.  In pvm it doesn t mater u can get away with it.  When your chaining armor ignores and lighting strikes in pvp mana goes quickley so u want to regen it back as fast as possible

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 02:50:13 PM »
This doesn't depend on anything.  Medable armor is a requirement.  Anything less is a waste of your time and effort.

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 03:01:08 PM »
This doesn't depend on anything.  Medable armor is a requirement.  Anything less is a waste of your time and effort.
Got the fealing somone doesn t like me much lol

Scrripty

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 03:05:32 PM »
I don't even know you.  I'm just stating my opinion.  Non meddable armor blocks your ability to med if your passive ability to med if you're human.  If you're elf, you don't NEED it, but you can't actively med if you don't have it.  Humans get near 3 regen just from being human.  There's no reason to waste that by using non meddable armor.  There's a ton of other factors tho.  The main one being, what if you wanted to use that suit on another character? :)  Don't waste your time with non meddable.

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 03:08:51 PM »
I don't even know you.  I'm just stating my opinion.  Non meddable armor blocks your ability to med if your passive ability to med if you're human.  If you're elf, you don't NEED it, but you can't actively med if you don't have it.  Humans get near 3 regen just from being human.  There's no reason to waste that by using non meddable armor.  There's a ton of other factors tho.  The main one being, what if you wanted to use that suit on another character? :)  Don't waste your time with non meddable.

very much agree with u sir i don t waist my time with non meadable armor but some tramies do cause in pvm doesn t make much diffence but to us old school pvpers we like every advantage we can get

Offline asmodeus0321

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • asmodeus0321 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 06:32:09 AM »
with my melee chars i don't really have a problem with med as long as i am leeching it from my targets. most of my armor is non-med because i had a ton left over with really nice stats and resist so i just kept using it. if your going to be using the armor on multiple chars i would say it needs to be medable

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 01:05:40 AM »
I just voted medable... UNLESS it's an elf in a woodland suit w/o med.

jesterboo

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 04:22:02 AM »
I just voted YES. i only have one character with med. I have 2 sampire and an archer that don't use med, but the suits i have for them are maxed out MR, LMC, and have MI on them.

Tags: