Poll

Just how important is Medable Armor?

Necessary
10 (90.9%)
Not Needed
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Armor Question for Melee Chars  (Read 8976 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Armor Question for Melee Chars
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 04:47:22 AM »
A lot of people have mentione having med vs having no med. I'm still of the opinion that the passive MR with a med suit is worth the med suit regardless of whether the char has the med skill, although I suppose this point is surely lost if it's an elf.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 05:14:19 AM »
As an elf sampire, I rarely need med. With latent MR4 from conjurer robe and sash I get back just enough fast enough in non-med to cast confidence quickly. Then go honor a sheep and whammo, instant regen.
There's never a lack of innocent stuff around to slay to slake your thirst for mana. (gotta keep it sampire toned  :P ).
As mentioned throughout thread, too many variables involved for a blanket answer to apply.

I voted no, based on the assumption that it is elf sampire template. I dont see the point in MR on a PURE PVM sampire. That slot is best used on something that supports an active role in combat. The dribble of mana otherwise is just not going to give you that edge as often as others. Not that it WONT, just not as often. For example, HP regen 2 on all pieces or SR 3 will keep you alive far longer than MR. Imagine SR 28 on your character (+10 from vamp, + 18 from all woodland suit). Would not need stam leech OR cast divine fury much, which might free up an additional weapon slot, so you could have HLD/HLA on weapon and not miss the mace and shields.

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 05:29:42 AM »
Thought I'd revisit this to let anyone who said NO to NON-Medable armor that your wrong.

The rule is

If you have meditation on the character you need medable armor.

Period

Most melee chars don't have the meditation skill.

Now get this - Mana Regeneration from items is the same if the char has Med or NON-Med armor.

Did you all read that? One more time....

Mana Regeneration from items is the same if the char has Med or NON-Med armor.

So if you have 12 MR from a full NON med suit of platemail, you will regenerate mana at the same rate as a 12 MR suit of leather.

Discuss.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 09:37:11 AM »
Go back to what I said.

If Human Then YES to med (especially in pvp)

if ANY OTHER RACE With med then Yes

if Any other Race without Med then No
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Scrripty

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 10:22:26 AM »
manw is correct.  Now stop telling these noobs the secrets. :)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 10:25:13 AM »
Wait, this isn't the Ultra-Super-Secret-Elite-Level42 area?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »
NOBODY SEES THE SECRETS NOT NOBODY NOT NO HOW!!!!!!!!! * Slams Door Shut *
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 07:06:37 PM »
Wait - so my sampler suit should have been crafted from studded or platemail?!  DARNIT!

Ultima, if you so much as *snicker* in my direction...!

Tags: