Poll

Are Necro/Mages a thing of the past in PvP

Yes - Other Mage templates are better now
7 (38.9%)
NO - Necro/Mages remain one of the top mage PvP templates
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Are Necro/Mages a thing of the past in PvP?  (Read 13384 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Are Necro/Mages a thing of the past in PvP?
« on: February 09, 2011, 08:10:23 AM »
Comments are welcomed.

*Necro/Mage template would be standard as:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Necro
120 SS
120 Resist
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 08:32:33 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Are Necro/Mages a thing of the past in PvP?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »
they still have there pros and cons, and it is good to not follow the UO PvP fads, but the necro mage template is harder to stay in the fight with all the changes, but if you mix it up a little they can still hold there own more easily.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »
IMO they're good for spawns, and grinding wither bombs in some situations as a pure necro.

For a general open field template I'd prefer a typical mage, w/ scribe, and lower necro/ss.  The damage output can be AMAZING.  Against mages the damage output is great, and you can guarantee your poison cycles if you can cycle, just gota spellblock, I suggest w/o weaken or the such incase of a leftover omen...  I can't count how many dexers I kill w/ curse, Explode, Omen, Flamestrike, Omen, Painspike & something else to finish if needed lol...  Especially if they have no resist, or they wasted their apple because their HP should be pretty low.

I don't find most mystics to be over powering these days.  Half of them forget cycling, and think all out damage output from spellplague is enough.  But they always leave too many openings for gheals :P

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »
Nice thoughts there burgers. I had not looked at it from that position but i am not the PvP some on this site are.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »
Exactly what Burger said.

Necro/SS allow you to make perfect hybrid builds. Evil omen is powerful, and painspike does good damage even without much SS. ESpecially to Characters without Resisting Spells.

I think FULL necro templates are not very viable in PvP anymore, They are still useful, but you have to sacrifice too much for so little.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »
Since I have two vampire bats in the stables(who dont count as control slots but do mana bursts) and with that fabulous cloak of corruption - I never seem to run out of mana!

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 09:08:21 PM »
im gonna have to go with necro over mystic 9 times out of 10 too many debuffs on a necro and the mystic really only has spell plague going for em cause the other spells in myst have comparable damage and timing to other magery spells(besides hailstorm)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 09:37:32 PM »
Since I have two vampire bats in the stables(who dont count as control slots but do mana bursts) and with that fabulous cloak of corruption - I never seem to run out of mana!

Cheatorz!  You are teh CHEATORZ!

(Plus, I think you mean shadow wisp)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 07:07:34 AM »
Right I meant shadow wisps. It was not cheating when i did it!

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 03:55:59 PM »
dont forget the disrupting wither grind during the chaotic field fights!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 06:05:10 PM »
Necro mages still play a very important role in field fights. Their value can't be understated and the vast majority of pvpers don't corpse proof their suits anymore so they're easy pickings for necros.

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 06:29:20 PM »
Field Fights they are ok.

One of my blue spawning toons is a necro mystic mage. It does ok for defense.

Mystic Mage is still rocking.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »
Right I meant shadow wisps. It was not cheating when i did it!

Yeah, I was a sucker and took mine out of the stable when they told us it was illegal.  I used to spawn a LOT and people were paging on the chiming people with no wisp in evidence.

Tags: