Author Topic: Armor for a Gargoyle  (Read 3795 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Armor for a Gargoyle
« on: April 11, 2012, 05:25:59 AM »
I'd bet that someone has already put this together, so I'm just going to ask and hope that I can get the details.

Required including weapon: 100 LRC, *AHAP LMC, 50 HCI, *AHAP HLD, *AHAP DI, *AHAP SSI (weapon + items can be used for these), NON-Faction

LRC and HCI are the only two that are required to be maxed. Artifacts are ok to be used.

*As High As Possible
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Armor for a Gargoyle
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »
LOL @ AHAP.

I was thinking, "Oh jeez, they went and changed UO properties again and I'm once more hopelessly lost."

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:07:17 AM »
:) I just hate saying stuff like 100 LRC, 40 LMC, 50 HCI, 30 HLD, 100 DI, 35 SSI

It makes it impossible and sounds like whining.... "I want ALL things maxed out".
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline LlamaOnDrugs

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • LlamaOnDrugs has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »
I'd bet that someone has already put this together, so I'm just going to ask and hope that I can get the details.

Required including weapon: 100 LRC, *AHAP LMC, 50 HCI, *AHAP HLD, *AHAP DI, *AHAP SSI (weapon + items can be used for these), NON-Faction

LRC and HCI are the only two that are required to be maxed. Artifacts are ok to be used.

*As High As Possible

I'm guessing this is for a Mystic Thrower or somesuch variant?

Head - Mace and Shield Glasses (Altered)   25/10/10/10/10  10 strength, 5 dex, HLD 30% (saving space on weapon)
Legs - Void Infused Kilt - 13/12/8/9/9    5 dex, 5 str, 10% damage eater, SR1, MR1
Ring - (imbued) HCI 15, LRC 20, LMC 8  (other stats could include DI if needed, or SSI if you can find one!  Some of the new shame rings have 10% SSI on them and if you are happy with cursed gear then they're fine, else use a nice turquoise ring for 5% SSI)
Brace - (imbued) HCI 15, LRC 20 LMC 8 (same as the ring!)

So as for slots left to fill, that gives you the legs, kilt, chest, arms and neck (plus the other parts like wing armour, robe, shoes, sash, belt)

I would use imbued gear for all the other slots in this suit.  Since the neck slot for a gargoyle has god-awful resists always unless imbued, the other four slots (kilt, legs, chest, arms) have higher base resists than human/elf armour.  This makes it easier to get 70/70/70/70/70 with minimal imbues, and a decent crafter/imbuer will be able to make your suit with only one of the imbue slots on each piece taken up by resists.  This translates into the remainder of your 100% LRC easily possible on the suit (might even be completely possible on the suit and you can save two stats on rings for bonus skills!)

The artifacts stated above give you 38/22/18/19/19, leaving you 32/48/52/51/51 to get from those 5 pieces (which is easy!).

If you have any other questions, having built a similar suit for a PvM thrower/mystic before, I am more than happy to help.

PS - If you want more SSI then there is a chest the Breastplate of the Berserker available that gives 10% SSI, I'd reccomend it if you can fit it on the suit!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 05:32:02 AM »
I had thought of using either the Berserker or the Kilt. I'm probably going to need to revamp some stuff to get more SDI and FCR on the suit, but this gives me a good starting point.

Mystic Thrower is close, but no cigar ;) heh.

Tags: