Author Topic: How are we training combat skills lately?  (Read 4142 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
How are we training combat skills lately?
« on: January 11, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »
Starting a macer on a new shard.  Anyone have any recommendations for combat training?  I prefer to get some benefit out of it at the same time (i.e. resources) but that isn't strictly necessary.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: How are we training combat skills lately?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 07:27:51 PM »
i love using spellweaving to dryad allure regular ogres and then artic ogre lords.  i hate keeping a tamer logged in just to use a wolf spider but that works too.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 10:34:53 PM »
I still want to Test just Bashing two Characters Heads Against each other.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 07:04:36 AM »
i love using spellweaving to dryad allure regular ogres and then artic ogre lords.  i hate keeping a tamer logged in just to use a wolf spider but that works too.

Thanks!  I rather thought that was the way.  I think I might try pounding on actual monsters somewhere, first.

EDIT:  Hmm...If I put taming on a new melee character, I could beat up my own spider, couldn't I?  Might try that.

Would someone be so kind as to post the series of commands we use to beat up on pets in Tram?  Isn't it:
- [attack]
- all stop

Or is it more complex than that? 

(Can you tell I never train melee?)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:09:59 AM by NObama »

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 10:56:23 AM »
i love using spellweaving to dryad allure regular ogres and then artic ogre lords.  i hate keeping a tamer logged in just to use a wolf spider but that works too.

Thanks!  I rather thought that was the way.  I think I might try pounding on actual monsters somewhere, first.

EDIT:  Hmm...If I put taming on a new melee character, I could beat up my own spider, couldn't I?  Might try that.

Would someone be so kind as to post the series of commands we use to beat up on pets in Tram?  Isn't it:
- [attack]
- all stop

Or is it more complex than that? 

(Can you tell I never train melee?)

Golems were "all guard me", "all stop". I'd assume that pets would be the same.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 03:50:15 PM »
I believe it is the same as golems.  I have only trained Throwing so i am not sure. When i did throwing i just surrounded myself in bagballs so the spider couldn't get next to me.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 07:52:02 PM »
All stop
All stay

Whack away.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 05:33:58 AM »
I put the pet in a pen in my house and then start a script that opens my backpack every so many seconds to keep me logged in and also checks my pack to make sure I have enough arrows to continue fighting.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:38:30 PM by Masscre »

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 10:00:57 AM »
I have a still buggy script that bashes two toons against each other. Its the only way I train combat skills anymore. It needs a complete re-write, but it works. 

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=4080.0;highlight=safe+sparring

This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 10:12:55 AM »
I still use a golem, heal it periodically with a Tinker on the other account or just use repair deeds from time to time - a little annoying but no biggie.

I haven't done the Arctic Ogre Lord with a poison weapon yet but that seems like the best way to go. I did just train up from 110 to 120 swords farming Lizardmen in Wrong, first time I've purposely trained a skill naturally in a while lol.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »
Using the golem you can only train up to approx 10 point over his wrestling skill,  that go for any monster.  Those change was done few month ago. pass 110 is almost better just go and fight with your guy and hunt for resources.   Raptor are good for 110 to 120.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 04:41:45 PM »
Using the golem you can only train up to approx 10 point over his wrestling skill,  that go for any monster.  Those change was done few month ago. pass 110 is almost better just go and fight with your guy and hunt for resources.   Raptor are good for 110 to 120.

I forgot about raptors! I was getting crazy gain when I went to farm their teeth for imbuing.

Tags: