Author Topic: Changes to Imbuing  (Read 3664 times)

Offline onlyindreamsTopic starter

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Changes to Imbuing
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »
For those that don't read stratics, this was posted by Wilki a few minutes ago...

Currently imbuing has the following limitations:

1. Can imbue up to 5 properties on an item.
   2. Each property is limited to a max of 100% intensity.
   3. Can imbue up to 500% total intensity on an exceptionally crafted item, or 450% on any other item.
   4. Some properties are weighted to count more towards the total intensity cap.

Many of our beta players have expressed concern that the items created by imbuing are too powerful, and that imbuing has the potential to make other sources of items much less attractive.

The idea was then brought forth that perhaps imbuing should be less of an "item creation" skill, and more of an "item customization" skill. We thought about that, and would like to get your feedback on the following:

1. Any item can have up to 300% weighted intensity added to it via imbuing (while still obeying the max caps from #2)
   2. The total intensity caps remain the same (500 for exceptionally crafted, and 450 for regular items)
   3. Individual property intensity can range up to 150% unweighted (but the weighted intensity still counts against the caps from #1 and #2)

What this would mean is that a regular item, with no properties on it, could be imbued up to 300% weighted intensity. An item that started out with, say, 130% weighted intensity, could then have an additional 300% weighted intensity added on top of that, for a total of 430%.

So, you could customize any valid* item with any combination of properties up to 300% weighted intensity, regardless of what it started with, as long as it doesn't exceed either of the caps from #1 and #2 above.

We feel that this would give you a lot of flexibility in creating the items you want, while not replacing so much of the existing methods of acquiring items. Loot drops that you find, or runics that you make are all good potential starting pieces for imbuing, but you'd still want to find something that fit what you're looking for.

This means that you couldn't create the perfect item from scratch, but you could customize a lot of the items that you have now, find as loot, buy on vendors, or craft yourself. However, newer players who pick up imbuing will still find it very useful in improving the items they would find while progressing through the game, or by creating less powerful items from scratch.

Please let us know what you think of these changes, we'll be reading this thread frequently. If you'd like to make other suggestions unrelated to these changes, please use the Stygian Abyss forum as we'll look for them there.

Thanks!

*A valid item is one that is currently imbuable by the imbuing system. It excludes artifacts, and any item made with or enhanced by special materials.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=153077

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Changes to Imbuing
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:23:30 PM »
By the time they are done with imbueing it might not be worth the effort of making a garg and training the skill.

What your left with bascially is crafting an item with a runic on default material (no specail material used ie iron,wood not shadow,frost). After getting something you want .. imbueing it +300% (i think your limited to 10trys) and then enhancing it. (if you can take the risk)

So its still going to be massively expensive to create a disired item.  Which will please alot of people .. but being as i personally lost most of my desirable items when i lost my storage house it doesnt necessarily please me.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:35:54 PM »
I am more please with this than I was before , but i still believe they need to make it more difficult to create or imbue and item so that we dont have all this super duper jewelry and armor and even weapons running around everywhere.  The more powerful items need to come at a cos, meaning making it cost the person creating lots of resources and trys before perfecting an item and make it still be very chancey that they may not create soemthing and just loose it all.

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • welgill has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 02:51:07 PM »
This is just another step away from the great skill based game we all loved into the WoW mindset item based crap of the future.
That said still the only game worth playing out there imho

Offline Zagro

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Zagro has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 01:49:14 AM »
Sounds pretty ok to me. Burn craploads of 2mod runics to get starting pieces and start imbuing Vola.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 06:12:31 AM »
Yea ive stashed abou 200 dull copper runics that i purahceds for 500gp or less .  That should provide me with plenty of ingredients to get me all of most of the way.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 08:22:53 AM »
yea me too. I have close to 1k dull runics and about 200 shadow the i have been collecting up forever for somehting like this :)  Some from the floor at banks and others from idocs and so forth.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 09:19:56 AM »
yea me too. I have close to 1k dull runics and about 200 shadow the i have been collecting up forever for somehting like this :)  Some from the floor at banks and others from idocs and so forth.

I didn't see it mentioned here but did anyone hear about the max durability on imbued items not being repairable?  I read somewhere, I'll see if I can find it, that imbued items will break eventually and there's nothing you can do about it. :)  Makes it WAY less appearling that way.  But if we can enhance our current items, I got a few PERFECT weapons that could use a big boost in swing speed.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 10:45:59 AM »
But necklaces earings rings and bracelets never break do they :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 11:45:24 AM »
Rings and bracelts get durability of 255 and CAN be repaired but CAN NOT use POF.  All imbued items can be repaired but can not use POF.  But one good thing you can imbue something up to its full 500% intensity then you can enchance it to make it even better but you run the chance of destroying it.  I have made some awesome embued items but takes a ton of ingredients and alot of time and then enhanced it and made soemthing beatiful, but i have broken more than i have enhanced :) Armor and weapons get a durability of random value.

Tags: