Author Topic: My introduction: a UO story  (Read 206 times)

Offline jackiecalpas88Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jackiecalpas88 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My introduction: a UO story
« on: March 03, 2024, 02:30:33 PM »
Hi all, I have been playing UO on and off for about 15 years, had a brief time away from UO to play WoW and dabble into ARPGs for a bit.

I started playing UO during my college years in the early 2000s, and fell in love with the huge world, adventure and how I wasn't pigeonholed into a set "template". I could be an Archer who cooks and can tame horses!

UO Age of Shadows is what really turned me from a nobody to someone fairly well known on the shard, with the addition of Doom stealables.

I was able to dust off my thief and spent most of my time there, stealing most artifacts when they were still fresh and wildly sought after. Of course, with only 100 Stealing, I kept failing and it took a huge number of attempts. This was also before we really knew the timers -- we knew the locations, but not timers.

At that stage, I decided to learn EasyUO and find a way to stealth around to detect artifacts and try to steal them, invis, etc.

I ran three thieves 24/7 and amassed a huge fortune, eventually becoming slightly famous for being the artifacts seller. A famous vendor castle on the shard even gave me my own vendor there to help attract people to his vendor mall, I earned my first 50M like this and it completely opened up my UO experience thereafter.

I write all of my scripts, and currently work in software development. Glad to see UO and the community still alive!

JC

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: My introduction: a UO story
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 05:02:58 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: My introduction: a UO story
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 06:05:07 PM »

WELCOME!

Tags: