Author Topic: Filling Spell Books  (Read 4087 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Filling Spell Books
« on: June 14, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
So I am thinking that we need a general purpose spellbook filler script since it bugs the crap out of me that there is not one around that is being updated regularly. I may dig through a couple of scripts in my library and see how it has been done before. I have an idea how I would like to do it (2 below), but figured I ought to throw the question out to folks for suggestions:

What do you think would be the best way to build a sub that will pull the list of spells in a spell book to determine whether/what spells need to be added to complete the book?

My two potential solutions for the script at the moment are:

1. Do an OCR that flips through the book reading the pages creating a list of spells to make. I think this is probably the more sophisticated way to do it, I suspect it will be buggy and have special needs, like not being minimized, which I hate...

2. Use a sub to monitor the number of spells in the book's #property and run a simple drop on book process pulling scrolls from a secure and crafting any spells that are added to replenish the inventory as needed.

I am leaning heavily toward option 2, but would love to hear any alternative ideas.  
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Re: Filling Spell Books
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:52:34 PM »
Locate Book
if SPells in Book < 64
start dropping scrolls from scroll 1 to scroll 64 until spells in book = 64

Would just require a simple setup script that would craft every scroll and put them into a secure container for you. Say 1000 of every scroll (just putting a number there), then once you had the desired number of scrolls you could simply target the book (or just fill all books in bag), and then it would pull the scrolls fromt he secure and drop them on the books. If it already has the scroll i'm 100% Sure the scroll would just pop right back into the secure in its stack. so, would take a little over a minute to fill a book from start to scratch.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:45:20 PM »
That is pretty much what I was thinking M.  I wouldn't even make that much of an inventory to start, I would just let the thing create an inventory and I am guessing it would never be much of an investment in resources.

Would be easy to make it so that it would fill every type of book on that template and I think it would be lightning fast if you have a toon with enough mana regen.  Anyone ever confirm whether 200% LRC lets you scribe without reagents? 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:41:41 AM »
I'm 99%sure that's not true.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 11:47:32 PM »
Just wondering if this project ever got off the ground

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 04:09:17 AM »
No, but I still want to do it...

-Mario Andretti

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 09:34:14 AM »
ive been playing around with marlboroman version it crafts them and fills them i just think it could be improved upon cause its realy slow

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 07:20:03 AM »
I have an unreleased script that has that function amongst others.. not sure if it still works as number years since used last.  But method i done was to have 4 bags
- Mage resources  (regs scrolls)
- Other Resouce (Tinker tools, pens, ingot)  (could be same bag as above)
- Extra Scrolls  (spells)
- SpellBooks To proccess

step
1) count spellbooks to process ..z
2) for 1 to 64 spells.. x
3)    for 1 to z books to process.. y   
   a) scan for spell x in scrolls bag, or backpack
   B) if not found make spell
   c) drop spell on book y
4) Move any spell scrolls in backpack to scrolls bag

This allows you to use up any spell scrolls you have lying around, and it doesn't matter what state the spell books are to start with. Only downside was if the last book has that spell already you will end up with an extra scroll. Needs no ocr.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 07:41:45 AM »
EN, that is essentially the process that MWinc and I were discussing.  Would take up some lock downs, but it would be reliable, relatively easy to run and set up.  Should not be all that difficult to modify to fill Necro, Weaving and Myst books either.  Its on my short list to get running.

-Mario Andretti

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 07:59:14 AM »
I'll post my inscription script in Elite for you guys to play with.  It does all that stuff.  I make full spell books with it due to all the spare spells I get from fishing.  A good side-job.  Now I just have to find it....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
ahhh - another TM masterpiece? I can not wait.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 09:16:13 AM »
ahhh - another TM masterpiece? I can not wait.

Umm, well not really.  This is an older script, and has some annoying "fleas". 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 08:05:01 PM »
In my oppinion these two scripts are the best spellbook maker and filler out there if these two were combinded i think it would make for very awesome spellbook filler and maker
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=5153.0;highlight=spellbook+filler

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2370.0;highlight=spellbook

Tags: