Author Topic: Pirate Huntin' - Questions  (Read 2231 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Pirate Huntin' - Questions
« on: October 24, 2010, 06:54:39 PM »
Ok -

Getting a little bored with treasure hunting after a marathon session.  I think I'd like to try pirate hunting.

1) Can you damage the pirate boat without cannons?
2) Do pets attack the pirate crew from your boat?
3) Can one person without a crew manage to take down a pirate ship?

I haven't ventured out yet, so forgive me if these questions are silly.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Huntin' - Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 01:02:44 AM »
you can damage the boat without cannons but it'll take you probally over an hour to do it that way.
2. they will destroy your ship before before you have a chance to take out the crew solo. 
pets are worthless until you can board there ship. you will need a load of Saltpeters before you start crafting your ammunition.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 04:40:59 AM »
2. they will destroy your ship before before you have a chance to take out the crew solo. 
pets are worthless until you can board there ship. you will need a load of Saltpeters before you start crafting your ammunition.

Not true, a pet like a GD or a Dreadmare (something that has a good casting ability) can take out the crew and start working on the pirate as long as you are side by side...close enough for the caster to cast.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »
1) Can you damage the pirate boat without cannons?
Yes, but this takes a very long time.  The Pirate Ship will have scuttled your ship and escaped before you can even do enough damage to board.

2) Do pets attack the pirate crew from your boat?
Yes, Pets are perfect to attack the Crew and then target the Pirate.  You wont be able to damage the Pirate enough to kill him from your ship, but the pet will keep the Pirate occupied while you blow away his or her ship with your Cannons.  Light Cannons are a waste.  Just go for the Heavys.

3) Can one person without a crew manage to take down a pirate ship?
Yes and No You need to be coordinated enough to manuever your ship and fire cannons at the same time, while trying to keep your Toon alive.  The Orcs can be taken down with 2 AIs from a good repond Bow, but your ship will take a pounding from the Pirate Ship's Cannons.  Also depends on how many Cannons the Pirate has.  If he has only one Cannon on each side it is easier.

I have taken down the Pirates using one Tamer and an Archer.  The Archer steers the ship while the Tamer's Pet helps kill off the Crew and keeps the Pirate occupied.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Tags: