Author Topic: Crafting for Minimum Resists  (Read 14607 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Crafting for Minimum Resists
« on: February 04, 2011, 08:35:29 AM »
I tried to do a math based analysis of the chance of crafting minimum resist peices previously and the numbers didn't add up, so I am tracking resources and success for making a three peice woodland set with gorget, arms and gauntlets.  I plan to imbue these and then enhance them for a sampire suit I am working on.

Resource Consumption To Date:
2500 attempts (10,000 bark, 37,500 boards)
88 single minimum pieces
2 double minimum pieces

90 keepers (3.5%)

This gave me 3-5 of each part with a minimum resist in each of the five categories, enough to make a first go at it. If I can figure out what to put on them, I will imbue three of each and try for the enhance.

I am using a script I wrote that saves exceptional peices that have at least one minimum resist. My imbue pattern is to imbue the resist that is at minimum value to max, add four more properties, and then enhance with heartwood. Because its a sampire suit, I am only using peices that have Fire Resist as a minimum value.  Using level one factions peices and/or low level arties will result in a suit at all 70s on a sampire.

My current property plan (considering revisions in view of comments below):

Fire Resist 15 (10 Boura Pelts)
LMC 7
MR 2 (10 Seeds)
Stam Increase 8 (10 Fungi)
HPI 4

This is a total of 496 value in imbue properties. A successful enhance should result in peices around 630 in imbued value. Heartwood adds 16 points of resist (106 points) and a random property at around 40 points. The plan is to make three peices that have +10 DI on them.

Thus far I have made ten peices and have two with DI on them.  I made a set of HCI and put it on a vendor for 20M. I have six more peices, two of which are not worth much.

Examples of the peices I am crafting to work from attached below.

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Fire Resist Piece 2.png
Fire Resist Piece.png
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:05:25 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting for Minimum Resists
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:40:17 AM »
Great idea. I know MW has an adjustable armor crafter that works really well.

I like the idea of just crafting and keeping minimums. I look forward to testing this out.

Twinkle McNugget's project would be able to do this as well, but he'd have to change the crafting tool from runic to regular.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:43:15 AM »
I had already written one when I came accross MWinc's. Its easier for me to tinker with my own code even if its incomplete. Mine is rough and unpublished, but you are welcome to look at it.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »
I'll be interested to see what your finding are regarding the wood pieces. 

I recently finished the math on a new 3 piece suit for my sampire as well, but haven't started the crafting quite yet.  Even thought about documenting the process to have around in case anyone wanted a 'how to' so to speak on building a completely maxed out sampire suit.

You're property plan is intriguing.. Are you fitting meditation into the build? 

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 08:53:16 AM »
If it's like your other scripts, I'm sure it works just fine.

Grab Supplies
Grab/Make Tool
Make Item
Check it
Store it
Recycle others

Seems pretty straight forward.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:06:12 AM »
I was not putting med on the toon, but even without Med, wearing non-med peices slows down your mana recovery if the calculator I used can be relied on. I suppose I should consider whether using the points from mage suit to add another MR would offset...

-Mario Andretti

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 09:10:03 AM »
It's a Samp right? They hit to live... and to leech mana LOL.

I have like 0 MR and 40 LMC on one and that char does just fine with specials. Now I don't normally spam AI's and such, but I do use LS constantly and CW when needed along with EOO.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 09:34:07 AM »
I did the calc and I will regen mana faster with 1 MR on each peice (6 total) and keep them medable than if I put 2MR on each peice (9 total).

This will put the toon at 40 LMC and 6 MR

-Mario Andretti

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 10:05:19 AM »
You'll always get a 101 opinions when it comes to Sampires.

Having ZERO MR on a sampire suit to me is crazy. Crafting Mage armor or MR onto a sampire suit pieces is also crazy. The thought of having meddable armor on my sampire wouldn't even enter my mind.

I agree having in the range of 6-8 MR is optimal but I would get it from the Conjurer's Garb, The Dark Sapphire Bracelet, and whatever chest piece you choose.

I argue with the numbskulls at stratics Warrior forum all the time. There are like a handful of people know over there that having an inclination of what they're talking about. The majority over there think they they're world beaters because they can solo most of the spawns.  I find it very difficult to believe they can solo ALL the spawns and that they push the envelope when it comes to being aggressive and completing spawns in a timely fashion.

MR on any template to me is imperative. Even in Wraith form I'd advocate having some MR.

Ultimately I think the best advice is to test for yourself and see what works for you. What works for one person may not work for another person.

I'm interesting in seeing what path you choose and how it works for you! ;)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 10:12:29 AM »
Well said Ultima.

There are too many variations to the template for one, and about 20x that amount of weapon combinations that can completely alter how you build both the character, and the suit. 

I always like to see and hear about new builds, and ways to push the envelope.  Though traditionally I do play a very cookie cutter sampire.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 10:12:41 AM »

The thought of having meddable armor on my sampire wouldn't even enter my mind.

Ultima, could you explain this a bit more? Could you suggest a better use for the points?  

Using Twinkle McNugget's sampirator my goal has been to max out Resists/HCI/DCI/DI and swing at max speed. I am putting LRC on because I hate dealing with regs. The only time I die seems to be when I run out of mana, so that was my next priority.  Maxing out LMC and giving myself some mana regen should help, but I agree that 190 points is a lot to spend on the MR.

The character is human...

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:14:42 AM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

Scrripty

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 10:38:46 AM »
The thought of having meddable armor on my sampire wouldn't even enter my mind.

Ultima, could you explain this a bit more? Could you suggest a better use for the points?  

Using Twinkle McNugget's sampirator my goal has been to max out Resists/HCI/DCI/DI and swing at max speed. I am putting LRC on because I hate dealing with regs. The only time I die seems to be when I run out of mana, so that was my next priority.  Maxing out LMC and giving myself some mana regen should help, but I agree that 190 points is a lot to spend on the MR.

The character is human...

Paul, putting on lrc and mage armor is a total waste of 2 imbue slots on armor.  If you want to be able to cast vamp for after dying, carry 3 or 4 high lrc suit pieces in your pack with you at all times.  That's what I do. :)  The main goal behind a sampire is to MAXIMIZE everything you possibly can to the point to help you, A: Hit.  And B:  Leach/stay alive/regen.  lrc and mage armor don't help in either of those areas.  Not one bit. :)  The CLAw crafter will be perfect for this as soon as I get the woodland armor portion up and running.  Now that I'm finished with the menu, this will be very soon so you can test it using the most accurate save rules in the claw possible. :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »
Twinkle McNugget, Ultima, what would you suggest I do with the armor?  The two properties I think it ought to have are LMC and the one resist.  That will put my suit at all 70s and leave three slots. What do you recomend putting in them?

-Mario Andretti

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 10:48:18 AM »
I carry arcane boots. Insurable regs really.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »
So you are carrying either some arcane stuff or some spare LRC peices and a pile of pig iron for casting curse weapon?

-Mario Andretti

Tags: