Author Topic: Trees and Lumberjacking Troubleshooting  (Read 6909 times)

Offline ZiggyZTZTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZiggyZTZ has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Trees and Lumberjacking Troubleshooting
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:29:22 AM »
I'm playing on a freeshard and can't get any lumberjacking scripts to play correctly (tried MWinc's, Neo's Ter Mur Area Lumberjack, and a couple others).  They just recall around in circles because they aren't picking up any trees when searching tiles.  The trees on the freeshard I play at disappear completely after being chopped down.

I read it could be the map .mul files and a registry issue.  I replaced the mul files with older ones and created the registry keys as directed from an easyuo thread.

I thought maybe the #tilename or #tiletype might have changed.  I was using the below modified TrailMyx's Locate Tree sub to see the tile information:
Code: [Select]
tile init

Tile get #charPosX #charPosY 1
  set !radius %1
  set !xmin #CHARPOSX + !radius
display ok The tile at X: , 2828 , #spc , / Y: , #charPosY , #spc , has the following Name:$ , #tilename
halt

Is simply typing in the X-coordinate like that ok?  If so, the results come up as forest, jungle, or the same as whatever ground I'm standing on.  Any other ideas to find and target trees?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Trees and Lumberjacking Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 10:50:27 AM »
For the tiles to work in EUO, you must load the MUL files from an older version of UO.  A download link can be found here:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12768.msg106102#msg106102

There are also UOP to MUL converters out there, but I'm unsure what's actually working these days.

In any event, be sure to save whatever you're present MUL files are in your UO directory just in case something goes wrong.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 03:57:00 PM »
For the tiles to work in EUO, you must load the MUL files from an older version of UO.  A download link can be found here:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12768.msg106102#msg106102

There are also UOP to MUL converters out there, but I'm unsure what's actually working these days.

In any event, be sure to save whatever you're present MUL files are in your UO directory just in case something goes wrong.

Yes, I've already replaced the MUL files and don't see any UOP files.  I tried the link you provided MUL files and still not working.  Was wondering if anyone else had any other ideas.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »
It is a computer to computer issue.  Some will not work with EUO anymore using the Tiles.  YOu will have to switch to another program.  You could potentially use Stealth to do your lumberjacking.  I do have a lumberjacking script available for Stealth.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 06:29:13 PM »
Thanks I'll check out Stealth and your script!  It sounds like what I'm looking for.

Tags: