Author Topic: Tools request fr OEUO  (Read 16573 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Tools request fr OEUO
« on: August 20, 2010, 11:22:46 AM »
+1
So I'm working on a few scripting tools to help the casual scripter better utilize OEUO.  OpenEUO isn't really good for a script hack because there aren't many canned subs out there to use.  With the addition of my journal scanner, things are easier to work on.

So far my todo list includes (listed according to priority):

• namespace interface routines
  • Runebook/Spellcast subs
  • Rail Engine
  • pathfind done
  • Gump OCR selection
  • Port of the NGFS (12X request)

• Port of the CLAw - 50%
  • Port of the heartwood quester

So there's more than tools in here.  But what scripting tools do you feel will help your guys?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:17:49 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Tools request fr OEUO
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 11:44:10 AM »
+1
You MUST port your NGFS subs to OEUO!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
+1
You MUST port your NGFS subs to OEUO!

X

I can add that to the list.  Since they are resisting anything to do with the registery, a NFGS-OEUO would use flat save files, so it gets back to the original Advanced FS I designed, only faster because Cheffe brought out file saving and loading.  But I can certainly add the ability to register variables and even tables.

I'll add your tool request to the list.

So you ended up liking the NGFS, 12X?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 11:53:10 AM »
+1
I am thinking some buy and sell subs would be handy and possibly a gate travel sub for the siege players.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 11:56:06 AM »
+1
Well that stinks about no registry, how is he handling persistents?

Love it! I'll be adding more feedback to the actual script thread shortly, I promise! It's working out great now that I know what I was doing wrong, just need to nudge you in the direction of some user documentation :D

FYI Mass, the Gate Travel is already part of TM's travel/casting subs.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 11:56:20 AM »
+1
I am thinking some buy and sell subs would be handy and possibly a gate travel sub for the siege players.
The gate travel sub in the Spellcast/Runebook subs are first on my list.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 01:39:56 PM »
+1
Well that stinks about no registry, how is he handling persistents?

Love it! I'll be adding more feedback to the actual script thread shortly, I promise! It's working out great now that I know what I was doing wrong, just need to nudge you in the direction of some user documentation :D

FYI Mass, the Gate Travel is already part of TM's travel/casting subs.

X

You're welcome for the push to use them. :)  I vote for list subs too with ngfs support. :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 01:49:41 PM »
+1
Persistants are easy now.  Since file handling is pretty much uninhibited aside from location, any file saving should be just as easy as we're used to with the persistant variables.  If I do an NGFS-style variable interface, then that'll pretty much solve the problem.  Personally, I won't miss the persistant variables; I never liked using them to begin with.

And Twinkle McNugget, the OEUO version of the list subs are much easier.  I don't have to create complex data structures to store the data since those kinds of structures are an implicit part of Lua.  So list subs are easy-sleezy.

...just need to nudge you in the direction of some user documentation :D

That's what the sample code is for.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 06:13:49 PM »
+1
Well stop talking and start working!  I got scripts to port! :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »
+1
Ow so many librarys to convert...  but we all have to start someplace i guess... im looking forward to actually working on a bit of lua now that im back and ive forgoten EUO script temporarily anyways.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »
+1
Actually, I think the next on the list is 12Xs request or the NGFS.  Rail engine can use that; I kinda want things to be compatible with the EUO versions anyhow.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »
+1
I'd like a port of the Totalizer and Miffy's Item Finder along with the FindInfo tool.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 12:03:45 PM »
+1
I'd like a port of the Totalizer and Miffy's Item Finder along with the FindInfo tool.

The totalizer is a byproduct of the CLAw, and Miffy's will become irrelevant with the port of the CLAw.  

Really with the finditem subs I just published to the Elites, item finding becomes really easy, fast and powerful.

I'm going to start playing a bit with items scanning to show how much faster this stuff will be.  the finditem subs were the first part.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
+1
That's kinda where I say that the speed increases won't seem as obvious.  Finditem is a slow function because it has to interface with the client.  It's not going to be any different than it presently is in EUO.

Changing your mind now?  Or are you still seeing that the finditem command itself is still slow, just iterating through objects is faster?  I'm seeing big gains myself.  HUGE speed increases over what is possible with euox.  It's really nice. :)  I understand that the finditem ITSELF is still pretty slow, but overall it's so much faster it blows old finditems out of the water.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
+1
Yah, finditem is still pretty slow.  EUO handled that natively so it's going to be roughly similar to OEUO aside from Cheffe making some optimizations from the older code.  But if you do the work correctly, you don't have to do too many of them.  Most of the time, results of finditem have to be processed in some way, and that's where Lua really shines since there is no real tie to lines per cycle.  So your operations on the retained data will be hella-fast.

I was actually thinking about porting my original concept looter first just so that people can play with the speed of looting.  I had a script called "loot-n-scoot" I published a long time ago before the original CLAw and the modern-day CLAw.  It's just such a waste now that I'm so used to having all that item evaluation goodness.  :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:55:45 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: Tools  OEUO