Author Topic: Garden Bed Gathering  (Read 58015 times)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Garden Bed Gathering
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 08:18:52 AM »
+1
I was able to test my Subs this morning, made some changes, and they working (for me anyhow)! ;)

Now for a Cross Pollinator!

Currently I'm using KalioLS Cross-Pollinator but I have issues with the Garden Beds being that they are on multiple floors and out of reach.

Ghost looking forward to testing your script come harvest time in another week or so.

Offline The GhostTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 09:05:56 AM »
+1
We are in the same boat,  all our bed are in the first week of grow. :)  days 4 for me. :))  I'm harassing (mostly been annoying) my friend right now to use his bed.  I'm sure if he change the security I can harvest for him. 

Sent me your sub for Cross Pollinator so I can add this.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 09:33:02 AM »
+1
I'm using KalioLS Cross-Pollinator which is posted on that other forum. ;)

I just ran KalioLS cross Pollinator all my Garden Beds. I do get a message saying many of my plants are out of reach, however it cycles through them all pretty fast.

I just have to move around my 18X18 to make sure I hit them all.

So there is a working Cross Pollinator for GBs.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 09:50:07 AM »
+1
Have you try to change the raise for G_4 .  each floor 5 title maybe that can help.  Never try to CP, dont see the point.  Maybe I'm missing on some good items. :)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 10:21:04 AM »
+1
Yeah I changed all of the scripts to G_4.

Cross Pollinate allows you to a chance to get mutant seeds i.e. White/Black Seeds.

I have 72 Garden Beds on 3 Floors so part of my problem is there are so many plants the script looks for.

I'm not sure why it says that is out of reach when the script searching a 4 tile radius.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 12:21:53 PM »
+1
I do the Naturalist quest to get Rare seed ( aqua, white,black,red fire)  took 8 min on a rail :))

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »
+1
The reason you find plants on other floors when you do g_4 is becuase g_4 only looks at x and y not Z

Think about it if your at pos x:y 3434 5656  on the first floor and then walk upstairs to the same spot your still at 3434 5656.  what changed your charposz. So if you do a search on g_4 you will get every plant at 3434 5656 on what ever floor its on.

simple fix .. check the Z cord is in the same range as your character.  ie   Z < #charposz + Maxz  and z > #charposz - minz

in code that would be
Code: [Select]
set %maxz ??
set %minz ??
finditem %plants G_4
for #findindex 1 #findcnt
  {
  if #findz < #charposz + %maxz && #findz > #charposz - %minz
      gosub plantactions #findid
    }

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 08:15:52 AM »
+1
I'm working a new menu  so what happen to  NObama  (I didn't realize that this assumed all your plants were 100% mature.) doesn't happen again. 

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 09:58:27 AM »
+1
The reason you find plants on other floors when you do g_4 is becuase g_4 only looks at x and y not Z

Think about it if your at pos x:y 3434 5656  on the first floor and then walk upstairs to the same spot your still at 3434 5656.  what changed your charposz. So if you do a search on g_4 you will get every plant at 3434 5656 on what ever floor its on.

simple fix .. check the Z cord is in the same range as your character.  ie   Z < #charposz + Maxz  and z > #charposz - minz

in code that would be
Code: [Select]
set %maxz ??
set %minz ??
finditem %plants G_4
for #findindex 1 #findcnt
  {
  if #findz < #charposz + %maxz && #findz > #charposz - %minz
      gosub plantactions #findid
    }

Thanks for that tidbit EN. I'll try and play with this and see if I can't get it integrated in KalioLS Cross Pollinator.

Offline alonzo104

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • alonzo104 has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 12:13:52 AM »
+1
Awesome to see this in production.  I will be a loyal tester (well every 14-18 days w/e it takes for the beds to fill).  I just got carpels tunnel from emptying all 12 of my beds and replanting.  So it'll be two weeks before I can really test it out.  I'm not good at writing, but I'm usually pretty good at figuring out where, what and why the code isn't working.  Wish I would have seen this not even 2 hours ago :(.

*added*

Someone mentioned setting the access onto the plants, so co-owners/friends could pick the plants?  How do you do this?  single clicking and I wish to secure doesn't seem to be working for me?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:15:26 AM by alonzo104 »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »
+1
You should be able to hover the mouse over the Garden Bed and the context menu for security should appear which you can then select and change the access level.

If not, Shift+Click maybe.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 05:33:14 PM »
I hasn't been able to change security with plant in it.  I think the bed required to be  M/T for that.  11 more days before I can test that.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »
+1
That's right...I think I remember reading by default only the owners and co-owners can access the GB.

Offline alonzo104

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • alonzo104 has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »
+1
Hows this coming along?  anything you want me to test?  I'll have 8 beds full tomorrow.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 02:29:46 PM »
+1
Sorry, was out of town, for work reason. Only have a few hours on weeks until May.   Right now I'm having issue with the replanting seed. it only see the top right corner.  I need to figure out how to plant on the 8 other titles.

Tags: