Author Topic: Ter Mur Area Lumberjack ELITE VERSION 2.0.6 28/09/14 - Siege support added  (Read 181118 times)

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: frneo's Ter Mur Area Lumberjack v0.5 out 08/17
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 06:55:43 AM »
I had planned on making a garg lj/miner and naming him "___ the refugee" and having all black outfit, scripting around the refugee spawns so at least at first glance you would blend in. Make the UO police work for it! 

Great Idea... My ruins are all placed within guard zones as is.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 06:56:45 AM »
There seems to be an increase of GM's patroling the lands lately.

I caught a 2 day Saturday night the 6th around 10pm est. I haven't seen a gm work a weekend night in AGES. I narrowed it down to a possible rival lj scripter that had the same bank rune as myself.

I will share my idea on ter-mur scripting. I had planned on making a garg lj/miner and naming him "___ the refugee" and having all black outfit, scripting around the refugee spawns so at least at first glance you would blend in. Make the UO police work for it!  

lol that's an awesome idea... especially if you use the pathfinding option with this script, you could fool someone who's just passing by in a hurry...

great stuff bodfather!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:58:34 AM by frneo »
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2011, 07:34:40 AM »
Frneo... I sadly am having a little trouble with this setup and may be putting too much thought into this whole thing.

I was curious if you might (or Guadah) break this down a little for my simple mind. 

Questions:

1) When I see the setup for Home and Secure I envision this as an either or but you have both locations added in your screenshot?  I assume that Home is a runebook with your house rune in spot 1 that would load into a secure container on your steps?  But if this were true then you wouldn't need to select the check mark in the Bank option so it confuses me a little.  On the flip side, if I choose to use the bank as a drop off then I envision selecting the check mark for Bank but then wouldn't need to have a Home setup?  Like I said I might be looking into this way too much:(

2) Will this support my Gargoyle?

3) So thinking things over... (not a PC.. sadly I am at work) once I get the above setup figured out I would then recall to spot 1.  Chop the true, then enter a 1 in the box and select "add"?  Once all locations are complete select "Load Setup"?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I would love to get some lumber/crystal farming going.  Not to mention understanding this process and your thinking on setup will go along way in my understanding of scripting and how you approach these matters.  I do apologize for the mindlessness.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2011, 11:44:32 AM »
Frneo... I sadly am having a little trouble with this setup and may be putting too much thought into this whole thing.

I was curious if you might (or Guadah) break this down a little for my simple mind.  

Questions:

1) When I see the setup for Home and Secure I envision this as an either or but you have both locations added in your screenshot?  I assume that Home is a runebook with your house rune in spot 1 that would load into a secure container on your steps?  But if this were true then you wouldn't need to select the check mark in the Bank option so it confuses me a little.  On the flip side, if I choose to use the bank as a drop off then I envision selecting the check mark for Bank but then wouldn't need to have a Home setup?  Like I said I might be looking into this way too much:(

2) Will this support my Gargoyle?

3) So thinking things over... (not a PC.. sadly I am at work) once I get the above setup figured out I would then recall to spot 1.  Chop the true, then enter a 1 in the box and select "add"?  Once all locations are complete select "Load Setup"?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I would love to get some lumber/crystal farming going.  Not to mention understanding this process and your thinking on setup will go along way in my understanding of scripting and how you approach these matters.  I do apologize for the mindlessness.

Ok, sorry if it was a bit confusing, lemme try to clear things up.

Tree Book: This will be the runebook with all the trees you want to chop.

Home book: This is the book that has the rune to your secure location. This can be either your home, or the bank... If you check the bank option, it calls for bank and searches for the bank container to put the stuff in. If not, it assumes your recalling to your house, with the container on your steps.

Secure: What you need to target here is the CONTAINER to put the stuff in. If it's inside the bank, you set this to a bag or box, or whatever inside the bank box... If it's on your steps, you just target the container on your steps.

Rune number of secure: this is the rune number of your home book, where your secure (bank or home) is located at. So if for example, the rune number of your house is 3, inside the Home Rune book, you write "3" here...

To add the trees:
Let's say you have trees located at rune number 1, 2 and 3 in your Tree Rune Book...
Let's begin setting up the trees for rune number 1. So you set the editbox next to the Add button to 1.
Now, you recall to rune number one. You should add all trees now that you want to chop.
To do this, you must stand at the exact spot where you're able to chop the tree. Now you click the add button (which should have the number 1 in the box next to it, because it's the rune we're setting trees at). Now you just look in your game window. A target cursor should have appeared. Now you just click the tree you want to chop. If it chops ok, it means it's a valid location. The tree will be added to the list in the menu. If you get a message like: "too far away" "can't do this" or any other, then you can remove the selected tree from the menu by clicking the Remove Selected button. Now you walk to the next tree and do the same thing. Avoid moving more than 1 screen away from your recall spot, because it can cause issues...

Now that you setup all your trees for rune number 1, you set the number in the edit box to 2, and you recall to rune number 2, go to tree, add them, and so on... Once you have added all the trees, for all the runes, you can save your setup, and it will remember your stuff for the next time you use it...

Hope this was clear now...

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can...

And thank you and everyone who gave this a try...

Cheers

Neo

edit: I forgot to say: I don't know if it will work for gargoyles... I don't know if the weight check works properly for gargoyles or not... If your getting overweight, you can adjust this on line 797
gosub XIIxMaxWeight 30 -> increase this number if you get overweight while chopping.

I was thinking about adding a stealth option to walk around to the trees. Do you guys know if you can chop stealthed or will it reveal you? It would be really nice if you could keep hidden, walk around and chop stuff...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:53:25 AM by frneo »
Never fail to be polite.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2011, 06:02:18 PM »
Thanks for the explanation it was more than I needed but I love the break down you provided in any case.

It doesn't appear that it will work with gargoyle because it has an issue with recognizing the gargoyle axe.  I made a hatchet and then had it converted to a gargoyle one which is the "Dual Short Axes".  I also had a normal hatchet in my backpack.  This is how things reacted.

1)  When you add a tree you click "add" and the message displays, "You alredy have something in both hands".  It will still bring up the target cursor so that you can add the tree.  When you target the tree you get, "The axe must be equipped for any serious wood chopping."

2)  If I remove the Dual Short Axes from hands and allow the script to select the hatchet in my backpack it will display the message, "Gargoyles can't wear this".

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 06:17:04 PM »
Just run the item id script on your axe and replace or add in where he has axe id's. Shouldn't take more than 2min to fix.

*Edit* May have to remove the human axe/hatchet from your pack before you start or it may also hang it up as well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:20:51 PM by bodfather »

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2011, 06:25:11 AM »
I didn't know any types for Axes that could be used by Gargoyles... If you guys can give me the names of the axes, or the types, I could add it to my next update...

Thanks guys!

neo
Never fail to be polite.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2011, 07:52:28 AM »
Item type

Dual short axe: EIY
Gargish axe: SQBB
Garg battle axe: QQBB

;D

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2011, 11:39:13 AM »
Item type

Dual short axe: EIY
Gargish axe: SQBB
Garg battle axe: QQBB

;D

nice bodfather
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: frneo's Ter Mur Area Lumberjack v0.6 out 08/12
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2011, 09:33:51 AM »
v0.6 out...

Thank you Bodfather for the Axe types! :)

neo
Never fail to be polite.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
I will put it to the test tonight and get back with results.   :D Thanks

Update:

I jumped on my gargoyle lumberjacker and went through the setup again.  It appears now that we have lost the target cursor when adding a tree.  I click add and before it would give that target cursor where now it does not.  I still went through the steps and added the trees by double clicking the "Dual Short Axes" and chopping the tree.  When doing so it would add the tree properly into the display and didn't give any errors or messages to indicate whether or not it worked properly.  When I finished adding the trees and started the script it recalled to location one and pathfinded to the appropriate tree.  Sadly he only stood there at the tree and did nothing.  There are no messages to indicate where it is failing.  It doesn't move to the next tree just appears to maybe be in loop.

Sorry for the bad news bud :(
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:08:49 PM by Goliath »

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2011, 06:27:46 AM »
I had some time last night to go back and test this some more and here is what I found.

It wasn't working for the gargoyle as explained above.  So I decided to take the script and switch over to my elf miner (lumberjacking 20.3).  I used the same logging rune book.  This time when I selected the "add" for the tree locations it did give me the target cursor as designed.  So the setup worked perfect on the elf with normal hatchet.  I looked at possible differences between the elf and gargoyle and the only difference I can see is that the gargoyle does have a spell channeling "dual short axe".  I do recall that there was a reference to NOT use a spell channeling hatchet.  I will exchange the hatchet for a NON-spell channeling one on the gargoyle to see if this fixes the target cursor issue I experienced before and get back to you on that part.

Now... The script works but did have one flaw.  The path finding and setup worked flawlessly.  When the character recalls (sacred journey) to the bank he will unload supplies.  Then he opens the tree book to go to the next location.  The book will open and close.  The character is still standing at the bank and for a few seconds does nothing.  Then messages will appear "Can't get there".  It will appear anywhere from 1 to 3 times and then the character will open the tree book a second time, choose the next location and off he goes. 

I ran the script for 1 1/2 hours (lumberjacking now 75.3) and the character did this every single time that he came to the bank to unload.  Now... if the character ran out of available trees at one spot and wasn't full he would recall (sacred journey) to the next location in the book flawlessly.  At no time did I experience issues recalling (sacred journey) from spot to spot.  Only when unloading at bank.

In 1 1/2 hours went from 20.3 to 75.3... got around 15k wood and 6 crystal shards.  This is a really nice piece of work :)

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 07:06:06 AM »
I had some time last night to go back and test this some more and here is what I found.

It wasn't working for the gargoyle as explained above.  So I decided to take the script and switch over to my elf miner (lumberjacking 20.3).  I used the same logging rune book.  This time when I selected the "add" for the tree locations it did give me the target cursor as designed.  So the setup worked perfect on the elf with normal hatchet.  I looked at possible differences between the elf and gargoyle and the only difference I can see is that the gargoyle does have a spell channeling "dual short axe".  I do recall that there was a reference to NOT use a spell channeling hatchet.  I will exchange the hatchet for a NON-spell channeling one on the gargoyle to see if this fixes the target cursor issue I experienced before and get back to you on that part.

Now... The script works but did have one flaw.  The path finding and setup worked flawlessly.  When the character recalls (sacred journey) to the bank he will unload supplies.  Then he opens the tree book to go to the next location.  The book will open and close.  The character is still standing at the bank and for a few seconds does nothing.  Then messages will appear "Can't get there".  It will appear anywhere from 1 to 3 times and then the character will open the tree book a second time, choose the next location and off he goes. 

I ran the script for 1 1/2 hours (lumberjacking now 75.3) and the character did this every single time that he came to the bank to unload.  Now... if the character ran out of available trees at one spot and wasn't full he would recall (sacred journey) to the next location in the book flawlessly.  At no time did I experience issues recalling (sacred journey) from spot to spot.  Only when unloading at bank.

In 1 1/2 hours went from 20.3 to 75.3... got around 15k wood and 6 crystal shards.  This is a really nice piece of work :)
That's weird... I've added the gargoyle weapons that bodfather posted to the list of axes, it should be working with them now... And I never said you shouldn't use spell channeling axes, on the contrary, you SHOULD use them...

As for the bank recall issue, I haven't heard anyone else having this same issue... You're supposed to return to the last tree you were chopping, when you finish unloading your stuff...

Try running the setup again, to see if you get the same issue again...

If you post the Item Type for the axe you're using on your gargoyle, tell me about it and I'll add it to the script here, or you can manually add it to the axe types at your end.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback, and feel free to give some more, as you find things...

Cheers.

Neo
Never fail to be polite.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 07:32:15 AM »
He said it was an altered weapon earlier in this thread. I'm wondering if those have a totally different id as i just checked plain smith made garg weps... i'll check in a few and get back with an edit.

EDIT  I was correct in theory. EVERY altered wep has a completely different id.

Hatchet altered to dual short axes : DID
Axe altered to Garg Axe : RQBB

If you have something different than this just let me know.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:44:14 AM by bodfather »

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 07:54:42 AM »
EDIT  I was correct in theory. EVERY altered wep has a completely different id.

Hatchet altered to dual short axes : DID

Thanks Bodfather... I wouldn't have been able to get this until after work tonight.  The one listed above is exactly what I am using.

Tags: