Author Topic: Popping back in  (Read 1801 times)

Offline drubinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • drubin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Popping back in
« on: March 07, 2021, 04:00:12 AM »
Just looking for some old school fun with my brother. I would really appreciate access to share and view/download some of the scripts! Havent played uo in a while and looking forward to dabbling around. Started playing when game launched, somebody stole my boat when I didnt know how to double click the plank. The trauma of that made me a man. I am not a doctor and just had a newborn playing uo is a great background game at work inbetween patients to keep me sane. I look forward to keeping this site alive and enjoying the community that you have built here over the past 50 years (ok probably not that long but feels like it)

Best,,
Daniel
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 04:02:54 AM by drubin »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Popping back in
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 06:57:23 AM »
A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughtful introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!
Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the stickied examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in English.)

Offline drubinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • drubin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 03:34:59 PM »
Not too hard to do. I am a chiro in FL. Who just had a newborn baby. Trying to juggle married life/3 month old baby life and owning a business. Lately a lot of games have been making "classic versions." I find myself itching to play again for some nostalgia. However I dont know all the new tips and tricks. I jumped on a server and want to level taming, start taming some creatures, then somebody says you can just get a taming primer and mastery book and use combat training all the way up to 120. Then I start taming the pet, you should hit a shadow ele. Or you should equip a 100% poison weapon and attack a golem. All these tricks I am just waiting to try and level ninja or something and somebody will say you need to equip the rat slayer cloak and go kill chickens there's a bug that will raise ninja to 120 in no time. I love the community 20 years later there is still somebody around to tell me about the rat slayer cloak and somebody to help me with the taming and pet training systems that are so new to me. Then I see all the assistants and the scripts. The scripting community is attractive to me here because I am not a kid with 20 hours a day to power game anymore. I have very limited time. Im not looking to break any markets or do anything crazy, but things that will help me sift through containers or organize, maybe an auto looter to help me find the good items so I dont need to sift through looking for items for hours. I probably cannot contribute anything much due to my time and lack on knowledge, but I will do my best to help pay any assistance forward that I find here.

My gaming history is extensive though. I started playing UO when I was 12 years old too young to even be allowed on the computer for more than a few hours. Like I mentioned above, my neighbor and me would mine for a few hours every day after school in minoc and it took us 3 weeks to save up enough money for a ship deed. We were so excited. He dropped the ship in the water by minoc but one problem, we did not know how to get on the ship, we didnt know you had to double click the side then double click the plank, it was too far away to walk on to, we did not know there was a key in the hold. So we unlocked the ship and as we were trying to get on low and behold PK named (cannt believe I remember this name 20 years later) Sexual Chocolate comess runnign up kills both of us jumps on the boat and starts sailing away. My neighbor Andrew was crying his eyes out all night. I became a man that day I think I got my 1st pube. Screw that guy lol. But it didnt take us long to get a second boat with the lessons we learned.

I went on after UO to play world of warcraft, shadowbane, DAOC, warhammer online,  darkfall, RIFT, AION, archage, BDO,  SWTOR, Guild wars 2. Along the way playing every major single player game. Favorite MMO is def UO of all time shortly behind is guild wars 2. Played in a few major guilds over the years. I look forward to many more years of gaming now at 34 years young. With my future UO gamer Eliana (3 months old).

Thank you for your time.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 04:27:52 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site! Thank you for the awesome update! I live in Florida as well, home of Florida Man!!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 06:58:57 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 07:50:42 PM »
Welcome SUO Community

Tags: