Author Topic: Verizon 4g Unlimited Data Users Heads up  (Read 14936 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Verizon 4g Unlimited Data Users Heads up
« on: July 30, 2014, 01:40:36 PM »
+1
October 1st they are going to start Throttling the crap out of 4g unlimited data users if they are out of their contract. Interestingly enough, the only way to resign a contract when you have an unlimited data plan with Verizon is to have 2 different lines and use the upgrade for the Unlimited 4g line on the other phone line. Retarded yes, but after 4.7 Gb they are going to grab our connection by the neck and start squeezing.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Verizon 4g Unlimited Data Users Heads up
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »
+1
This is why I left their death star.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 04:37:09 PM »
+1
Very true, I would if I could. Every time I go into my local Verizon shop they look up how much data I use a month for giggles. They're like oh... Lets see, 1.2 TB This month. LOL
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 04:56:28 PM »
+1
Heh, you go girl!  Keep sticking the fork into them until they bite back.  I miss their broad network, but certainly don't miss their broad egos.  ridden  --> done.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Zurg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 09:43:14 PM »
+1
They do when u ask why your crap isn't working. Trust me i know its what i use
Just glad to have a blast

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 10:25:50 PM »
+1
After Verizon tweaked my "grandfathered" unlimited account and pissed me off, I took the following away from them:

1) Me
2) My girly
3) My girly's younger girly i.e. The Daughter-like-thing
4) My sister
5) My Mom
6) My Dad

Well, Mom and Dad are on their way out.  Soon are following my Girly's parents as well.  So pissing me off caused them to give up at least 8 people.  Take that evil red death star!

I love when bots poke a sore subject thread...  lol
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:27:35 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 05:33:16 PM »
+1
T-mobile doesn't throttle me

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tmobile.jpg

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 06:48:11 PM »
+1
T-mobile doesn't throttle me

Me either.  I get pretty good download speeds from them.  At least as good as I was getting from Verizon.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 06:52:44 PM »
+1
I have been using Sprint for the past 4 years and have had no issues. This is the first phone company that hasn't screwed us after the first 2 years. We are no longer on a contract and saving $70 per month.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 06:57:05 PM »
+1
I have been using Sprint for the past 4 years and have had no issues. This is the first phone company that hasn't screwed us after the first 2 years. We are no longer on a contract and saving $70 per month.

That was the biggest thing for me was getting rid of the greed of the subsidized phone scam.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Zurg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 08:11:01 PM »
+1
T-mobile or Sprint work around me so i'm stuck with the man forcing their way on me. Suxes major
Just glad to have a blast

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 12:18:23 PM »
+1
Everyone should get off contract...  having no contract makes the phone companies actually respect their users as otherwise you just bounce to the next company.

Being on contract turns you into a guaranteed cash cow to be milked for as little service provided as possible, with no way out until the end that never comes with the next phone subsidy contract.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »
+1
You mean I'm not supposed to be able to download 1 tb of data?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 03:06:47 PM »
+1

Damn - his monkey must download day and night!

Offline Rup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rup has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 07:46:09 AM »
+1

Man 1.2 TB over 4g? do you live out in the sticks and cant get a better provider?  When i go heavy on tv series and moves i get up that high as well but i use a normal ISP.

Tags: