Author Topic: vDk's Automatic Naturalist Quest  (Read 23474 times)

Offline drmephisto

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • drmephisto has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: vDk's Automatic Naturalist Quest
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 06:54:44 AM »
Nice. Thank you very much.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »
Nice. Thank you very much.

I am very pleased that you liked it. If you have a moment, can you please reply to my customer satisfaction survey?

1. Did you have any problems finding the download?
2. How easy was the set-up?
3. What was your favorite part of the script?
4. Do you have any suggestions to improve on the quality of the script?
5. Have you enjoyed any other scripts from this fine site?

If you have a little more time, can you answer a couple of questions for our SUO Yearly Census?

1. How long have you been a member here?
2. How many posts do you have under your belt?
3. What is your favorite category or section on SUO?
4. Have you noticed our new and improved New Member Introductions section found here? http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=20.0
    While visiting Club NMI please peruse this top rated thread here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1683.0

Thank you for taking the time to assist our quality control team! Your next download will be on us!

Offline Gandolf

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gandolf has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 09:07:18 PM »
anyone still using this scrip ?

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 01:31:08 PM »
Decided to give this a shot once I drop into the hive a fireball macro goes nuts lol

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 07:45:02 AM »
I had to re-write the whole script to use it.   I cant remmeber what was th emain issue, but it wasn't performing like I expected.

Offline Choco

• Activity:
    0%
  • Choco has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 08:46:48 PM »
I had to re-write the whole script to use it.   I cant remmeber what was th emain issue, but it wasn't performing like I expected.

I tried this and nothing happened.

Do you mind to share the script?

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 10:47:13 AM »
ANyone know what it takes to get this working lol I'm sick of tending 1000's of plants for black and white seeds lol

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2022, 04:11:20 PM »
Has anyone gotten this going? I would really love to use it because I'm going crazy doing this quest over and over!
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2022, 10:41:36 PM »
There are 3 important issues that need to be addressed to make this script function:
1) The various ant holes to enter and from level to level can give 1 or 2 different arrival locations (mildly random) when entering from the same source location tile. Each tile location around the hole will give a couple possible destination tiles on the next level.
2) click locations to enter the ant hill hole are fixed click locations in the script. These would be different to match your game size window as well as which direction you approach the ant hole from. It would be more resilient if it used a little math on the #clixres and #cliyres values to determine the click locations. Instead of click locations, Endless Night had a solution for dealing with the ant holes that was very nice, but I can't recall if that is in his public or private libraries.
3) the exevent popup command was changed in EUO a few years ago. This one uses the old freeshard only version - but that syntax has been removed from EUO at this point. This is probably the stickiest part of adapting the script. My recommendation would be to incorporate TM's routine to deal with the popup window, because it would adapt nicely for different shards and character templates.

The rails in and through the ant hill are tricky. The best solution I found (for a different ant hill project...) was to recall in to the Britannia entrance, then use a rail to get to a specific tile. Enter the ant hill from this tile. Now the internal rails have 2 options where you may land. Create a rail for each of those locations to a near tile, then follow a rail to the next ant hole to navigate each level.

This may need more updates to be current, but a single script could work for freeshards and production alike.

Gaderian
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:44:53 PM by Gaderian »
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2022, 01:54:57 PM »
Gaderian nail it.

In short, It easier to build a new one rail system that  work for you , because the rail system fail to often.     

This is way to move i snot elegate but it work   You will need to change all the X & Y to the one you want. 
if ! ( #charposx = 5709 && #charposy = 1956 )    ; drop west
   {
   goto step_11
   }

if ! ( #charposx = 5709 && #charposy = 1950 )    ; drop North
   {
   goto step_11

I use the 4 hole entrance to do mine quest.    Britain is the only that drop you is all 4 corner , and the  west one is the worst to move out :)       

To map your route  you can use BMPathfind sub.    it easier to add and get get great  distance from it.
gosub BMPathFind 1087 1940