Author Topic: question on what tv services people are using  (Read 5394 times)

Offline madatuTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
question on what tv services people are using
« on: October 04, 2015, 09:05:13 PM »
Well where i live u verse is basically it other than dish. there is time warner but i have not heard good stuff about them. the highest internet i can get is 45 mb service. i have u400 cable service but i am tired of paying 180 a month for this service. everyone here other than me think that netflix will be enough. i like my alaska shows, naked and afraid, how it is made and others. if i get rid of the uverse i might have to downgrade to DSL through AT&T. what do you suggest to use ?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
Re: question on what tv services people are using
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:39:42 AM »
Well without high speed internet your choices are going to be severely limited.

Can you receive any Over air digital broadcast  for local channels.  http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 08:08:44 AM »
Well where i live u verse is basically it other than dish. there is time warner but i have not heard good stuff about them. the highest internet i can get is 45 mb service. i have u400 cable service but i am tired of paying 180 a month for this service. everyone here other than me think that netflix will be enough. i like my alaska shows, naked and afraid, how it is made and others. if i get rid of the uverse i might have to downgrade to DSL through AT&T. what do you suggest to use ?

I use an outdoor antenna for my locals but it can be iffy at best depending where you live. Go to www.antennapoint.com, put in your zip code do a search THEN HIT ADVANCED OPTIONS and broaden your search mileage and it'll show what stations you have around you and where you need to be pointing the antenna. Antennas are only going to have NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX..nothing on the majors. Default search is only 10miles. Tin foil on a coat hanger will pick up a 10mile signal.

As far as finding the shows you want you just need to do research on which ones carry them. You don't want to pay money for Netflix if it doesn't carry your favs. I find a lot of the network shows I like on youtube to be honest.

I stream just fine on 25mb cable with a wired desktop and wifi laptop. It could be better and sometimes it does lag but the whole point is to save that money.

Anything you could want is on the internet now. There's absolutely no reason anyone should be connected to a tv company except for internet.

Offline madatuTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »
no i plan to keep internet. lord i would kill people. looking for options with out u verse. like hulu and such.

Tags: