Author Topic: Hands on Review: Madden 09  (Read 8930 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Hands on Review: Madden 09
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:22:32 AM »
I'm not going to give this a rating just yet. We've only played about one half of a game on it. Here's my observations thus far.

Play is typical Madden. It has good play selection, but it's very visible to the other player. I've played Madden 08 on our PS2, and the feel I get is that the PS2 version is more technical, and the Wii version is more arcade.

When passing on the Wii you don't get to choose your receiver (well maybe you do and we haven't figured it out yet). You just throw and whichever receiver is open at the time will have it thrown to him. This is unlike the PS2 version where you choose the receiver by the keys you press while the q-back has the ball.

One cool thing in the Wii version is the "called shot" where you can alter a receivers pattern LIVE on screen prior to snap. It's really easy to use, and you can make some neat routes using it.

I'll give this one a more in depth review after we play it some more. I don't want to rate it low, then find out all my complaints were simply because I didn't know what I was doing LOL.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hands on Review: Madden 09
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »
I haven't played 09 yet, but 08 each receiver had either A b or a direction arrow he was assigned to.  if you held in that button while you threw the ball that's who you tossed the ball to.  there are tons of controller movements. gotta experiment with a lot of different movements. once I tried to catch a Kick off by raising my hands up in the air to catch the ball, and my receiver called a fair catch.  I started on the 2 yard line. bad for me.

Tags: