Author Topic: Multiboxing  (Read 7569 times)

Offline Outlaw Josey WalesTopic starter

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Multiboxing
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:21:27 PM »
I ve become more and more curious about multiboxing Ive been searching the internet to find information on how to set this up.  If anyone has any sugestions pm me please on where to look.

Offline eddie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • eddie has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Multiboxing
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 04:23:14 PM »
I have been looking for the same thing.. Any info on this would be great if anyone knows!! :)

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »
No habla espaniol. :)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:37:03 PM »
Scripting is one thing multiboxing is another in my book. Pretty stinkin' cheesy in my opinion.

I consider myself pretty extreme and lenient when it comes to scripting but I just don't like this multiboxing business. I'm even guilty of what TM refers to as 'scripting abuse'...a word that never would have entered vocabulary had I not heard it from him.

I've never looked at Scripting as cheating I can't say the same for multiboxing.

Hopefully were not directing people here on this forum where such a program can be downloaded. That's just my personal opinion and it's not for me to say. Whether this falls into the taboo category that we don't support here at ScriptUO is up to the powers that be.

Ultimately it depends on how the program is used but any application in UO appears to be pretty cheesy.

It's one thing to have a character follow you around and heal, to have 3 or more accounts performing the same action such as Wither, FS or Wildfire is another.

Two thumbs down for me on you players Multiboxing.  
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:47:04 PM by Ultima »

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:42:15 PM »
When I did this while playing WoW I always used keyclone software. I can't remember the specifics.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing in UO as long as you're only using it for solo pursuits. When it comes to multiboxing in PvP it's kinda greasy.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:49:43 PM by Tarpan »

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 07:01:45 PM »
Scripting is one thing multiboxing is another in my book. Pretty stinkin' cheesy in my opinion.

I consider myself pretty extreme and lenient when it comes to scripting but I just don't like this multiboxing business. I'm even guilty of what TM refers to as 'scripting abuse'...a word that never would have entered vocabulary had I not heard it from him.

I've never looked at Scripting as cheating I can't say the same for multiboxing.

Hopefully were not directing people here on this forum where such a program can be downloaded. That's just my personal opinion and it's not for me to say. Whether this falls into the taboo category that we don't support here at ScriptUO is up to the powers that be.

Ultimately it depends on how the program is used but any application in UO appears to be pretty cheesy.

It's one thing to have a character follow you around and heal, to have 3 or more accounts performing the same action such as Wither, FS or Wildfire is another.

Two thumbs down for me on you players Multiboxing. 

Mate i had no intentions of promoting multiboxing but i am curious about it cause i can see some use with it doing peerless bosses for more of a chance on drops but i had no intentions of abuseing it or trying to promote it on scriptuo

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 08:53:57 PM »
Mate i had no intentions of promoting multiboxing but i am curious about it cause i can see some use with it doing peerless bosses for more of a chance on drops but i had no intentions of abuseing it or trying to promote it on scriptuo
I'm not the judge and jury around here.

I was just tossing out my unsolicited opinion on the matter.

Something about it doesn't sit right with me.

If someone who has only 1-2  accounts uses multiboxing then I don't see much harm in it. If there is someone using it with 3+ accounts then I start to raise my eyebrows.

On the one hand if some guy uses 3- 15 accounts with Multiboxing to do a spawn how does that effect me? It doesn't so I shouldn't have a gripe with it.

Now if that same guy was at an event using a multiboxing to secure looting rights that would tick me off. So would a guy PVPing killing everything in sight with the push of one button.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
What about no buttons?

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »
This is my perspective I can run script that fully automates chacter to do peerless wich is fine and dandy i can even pull up another tab of easy uo run the same script wich fully automates the second account but if i was abel to do this with multiboxing with only one script running then i can see potential I also have the choice to run both chacters from one keyboard and do the peerless manualy so theres not alot of differnce in it

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 04:04:54 AM »
Multi-Boxing is a program that sends ONE keystroke to MULTIPLE locations at the SAME TIME.

That's all.

To multi-box in UO just open up a bunch of clients and run this:

Code: [Select]
for %index 1 #cliCnt
{
  uoxl swap
  Key F1
}

Which will accomplish the same thing, just do it one client at a time, but very quickly.

See, we've been "multiboxing" for a long time, just not with 19 accounts or whatever this guy is running.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 05:16:58 AM »
Multiboxing is the poor mans ManWinc Army.   (and by poor i meant complete lack of scripting skills)

I see nothing wrong with it .. a coordinated attack on a multibox should be enough to finish them off.. you might have to do a bunch of suicidal runs but id bet it would be a laugh...   one ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.

Besides its just asking to get the banhammer so its going to be a short lived experiment.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »
Multi-Boxing is a program that sends ONE keystroke to MULTIPLE locations at the SAME TIME.

That's all.

To multi-box in UO just open up a bunch of clients and run this:

Code: [Select]
for %index 1 #cliCnt
{
  uoxl swap
  Key F1
}

Which will accomplish the same thing, just do it one client at a time, but very quickly.

See, we've been "multiboxing" for a long time, just not with 19 accounts or whatever this guy is running.
Agreed i just had curiosity and you know what they say about curiosity it killed the cat sorry trail

Scrripty

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 03:10:10 PM »
There's the other tried and true one too, that loose lips sink ships.  People are dumb. heh

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »
I've seen the army run with 12 accounts on one computer mowing down a fire spawn once, but I would never let it be used for strictly pvp Purposes. Back when I used to use it 24/7 I would always leave whatever I was doing if someone else was there trying to do the same thing, as I didn't feel right running multiple clients when they were only running 1.

Honestly, Running multiple clients on your computer is dangerous enough, if You get a client crash and don't actually close out UO, your CPU will hit 100% No matter your computer, or if multiple clients get disconnected and you don't have countermeasures in your scripts. Can fry your motherboard pretty quickly.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 06:27:27 PM »
What about no buttons?

Depends on what kind of cheese you like....Swiss or Provolone?

Tags: