Author Topic: Back after several years  (Read 2757 times)

Offline El_RemoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Back after several years
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:24:59 AM »
 Hey everyone. I returned to UO after being away after 3 years. Im looking to learn abit about scripting myself. Im really dense when It comes to this stuff. I will never be an expert but my goal would be to learn to write a simple script. I figure if i can learn one, then ill be addicted and try something more complex.

If I am able to find a script or two that takes a little of the tedious nature out of some of my gaming time, then im all for it. Im more of a laid back player. I usually fish, craft, or just casual PvM/adventure. Anyway thanks for the site. Ill try not to be a pest while im here. Just looking to learn mainly.  Thanks

I just saw some of the examples and thought id write abit more lol. I started UO nearly by accident when AOS was released. I heard of it watching some history channel on gaming but the funny thing was i didnt order the game. My friend pre-ordered another EA game that was released at the same time and AOS showed up in the mail. I told him what i heard about UO and the rest was history.

I left UO for the launch of SWG. I think it was a great game in the beginning but what always seems to happen , happened. Wow was launched and SWG soon decided they wanted to be space SWGwow. I plyed eve online for about 2 years and still love it but it takes forever to get anywhere on there. You need hours at a time to dedicate and I couldnt do that anymore.

I returned to UO for about a year in 06-07 and really enjoyed the fact that my server was full again. AOL legends had become legends and more people could play. Well i got married in 07 and many here know what happened. Play time went bye bye.

Well after 3 1/2 years of being married, the wife is more secure now. She realizes that gaming isnt me trying to get away from her. I got my stepson started on my second account and we are now back on legends. Ive been back since january and am having a great time except for the low population. I am considering moving to atlantic but i will not make a move until I am sure its what I want. There is something to be said about the nostalgia of playing your original shard.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 07:40:23 AM by Chancy055 »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Back after several years
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:40:28 AM »
Welcome back to UO and Welcome to scriptUO! :)

Starting up new and building up characters is something I've always liked to do. Starting out can be real hard but it also brings back some of my best memories of UO.

So you can play on both shards. I think we have a number of players here who play on multiple shards. Seems each shard has it's own unique fee to it.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:01:21 AM »
Welcome to ScriptUO, thanks for the great intro!

Restricted status lifted.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:10:35 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:21:44 AM »
welcome

• Activity:
    0.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 04:32:23 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. The only issue i have is my email address is still public when i have the make private box checked. Is that simply because its MY email and i can see if or can anyone see it?  thanks

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 04:41:27 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. The only issue i have is my email address is still public when i have the make private box checked. Is that simply because its MY email and i can see if or can anyone see it?  thanks
only you can see it no one else can

• Activity:
    0.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »
Thanks buddy.. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 05:36:19 PM »
welcome welcome welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: