Author Topic: Android Power Saver  (Read 4334 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Android Power Saver
« on: August 14, 2012, 06:56:22 AM »
I started off with some power savers, but none of them really gave me the super saving that I was looking for.

I did get Juice Defender (paid) and it worked AWESOME... until ICS. I started looking at what battery % my apps were using and Juice Defender was MUCH more demanding then I thought it should be. There's a lot of talk about it with ICS, most are saying that JD has to be fixed.

The settings > battery saving in ICS is pretty decent. I ran it for a while and was getting more time out of my battery. I was still looking for something better though....

Right now I'm using Green Power and I'd say it's just about perfect for my use.

Green Power can shut down the data ports (3G/4G/WiFi) when the screen is off, then turn them back on when the screen is on. This works pretty awesome. It can also be setup to periodically activate WiFi or Data every XX hours and remain on for XX time. This is good for syncing up accounts and such. And of course it can be set to NOT turn off if data is being transferred. That way it won't shut off after 30 seconds in the middle of updates.

Of all the different power saving apps I've run for my phone, my current is Green Power and I'm pretty happy with it. Maybe in a few weeks it'll be something else LOL, but for now it's GP for me.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Android Power Saver
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:19:49 PM »
Im going to have to try this.  I used the previously suggested one until ICS.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: