Author Topic: HOT! You MUST go to test center, then send feedback to this website!  (Read 16240 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: HOT! You MUST go to test center, then send feedback to this website!
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 10:14:38 AM »
And perhaps some inherent DCI percentage, too...or even the ability to avoid/parry a weapon special strike.  Unless anyone really thinks a wooden sword is going to land a nerve strike on someone encased in steal from head to toe...

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »
Worst Publish in years.

I'm getting tired of hearing these comments about wood vs. heavy armor/metals.

We have magical woods, magical runics, magical imbueing. I don't care what type of armor your wearing...this is a magical fantasy game.

If I have a legendary Blacksmith/Imbuer creating magical armor and weapons, the type of material should have no bearing imo.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 10:23:39 AM »
My magical plate armor should have higher resist than my magical leather armor.  The magic power infused into those materials should have the same net affect so the final product should have some difference, IMO.

R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 10:28:36 AM »
It needs to be kept simple i.e have Metal add a property like damage eater, leather mage property, woodland (random HCI/DCI) etc.

If you have platemail having higher physical resist then it should have lower energy resist since it's a conductor of electricity right?

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 10:34:30 AM »
The problem of expanding ideas like metal being a better conductor(which would be true) is where do you stop.  The same should be said for everything save for poison as fire would roast you just as cold would freeze you more.  Heck a poison cloud would be all the harder to get away from in a plate suit.

It's a fantasy game where we all get to run around killing dragons and people for fun, every time a new team comes on it's like they try to stamp thier own DNA on the game.  Worst thing is the clear lack of game knowledge they seem to have, it should be a term of employment that you have to either play or have played which ever game you are working on.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »
That's why I advocate keeping it simple...

The example of the Plate Armor being a conductor of electricity was to point out exactly what you stated, "Where does it stop?"

I'm for same resists for all armors with different types of material allowing the chance to add different properties. This way each type of material will have it's use. Having one type of armor add more resists than another is where it can get unbalancing. Magical leather should be just as sturdy as your magical plate or woodland armor.

This whole revamp was entirely unnecessary.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 10:44:17 AM »
Keep it Simple. Do away with Mage Armor/Non-Medable on All metal Armor.

Keep wood the way it is since it has Higher Resists + 2 HPR/ Other Mods to Compensate.

Don't Break the Game because someone wants to be wearing plate instead of leather on their warrior.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 10:45:16 AM »
Keep it Simple. Do away with Mage Armor/Non-Medable on All metal Armor.

Keep wood the way it is since it has Higher Resists + 2 HPR/ Other Mods to Compensate.

Don't Break the Game because someone wants to be wearing plate instead of leather on their warrior.

Yep..agreed. Simple.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 01:24:46 PM »
People on stratics had brought up the idea of a larger point/mod cap for plate and other unused armor, this would have done everything and then some.  I would have strongly considered remaking a suit or two if I could have had 6 mod plate but as it stands I'm strongly considering throwing in the towel.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 06:17:28 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'll adapt to whatever changes they make to this game, as I always have, but its just annoying to re-suit and change the Template of Large Teams.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2013, 08:22:45 PM »
I half wonder if this is to generate more sales of forged metal...

In the dungeons of the EA/Mythic Brain Trust
*snaps fingers* Hey!  New revenue stream idea everybody!  What if we totally made EVERYONE'S suit useless tomorrow?

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 07:50:33 AM »
I half wonder if this is to generate more sales of forged metal...

In the dungeons of the EA/Mythic Brain Trust
*snaps fingers* Hey!  New revenue stream idea everybody!  What if we totally made EVERYONE'S suit useless tomorrow?
Haha, I doubt it even occurs to them how long it takes to make suits, think through them, get supplies, burn kits and forged artifacts with about 2 mil a charge.  Absolutely insane.  I cannot keep up with all the changes from before...but I imagine test will be toned down on the next round.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
I'm sure the revenue stream is part of the conversation but I just don't think that they understand the depth of the change.  If they brought out some fairly usefull booster I'd be buying it for three accounts as would other people but doing an end run smacks of poor judgement. 

I can only hope that they at least provide some information with this change so we have a idea what to do to maximize the returns but, like reforging, I suspect this will not be the case.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »
They would have to do a "Dupe" Nuke on all Items sold on the website if they really wanted to make any money....

Probably 100,000 Transfers sitting out there, and I know someone is playing with mythic tokens too....

Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 10:11:37 AM »
How on earth are people duping these days?  Obviously, don't post it here, but man you'd think they could at least lock down *tokens*.

Tags: