Author Topic: Returning Player  (Read 1331 times)

Offline hiei52Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • hiei52 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Returning Player
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:47:51 PM »
I played UO a while back (4-5 years), but then had to stop due to real life work issues. Finally found time again to play again, a lot has changed since then though. I have played a few different games in between, but none of them can really compare to what UO provides. I have used scripts before in the past and have tried to write my own scripts (mostly due to diminishing play time), but they are usually very basic stuff since it's still a learning process for me. I prefer to play an archer, not sure how well they work nowadays. Thanks for reading this and hope to see some of you in game.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Returning Player
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 04:30:45 AM »
Hi hie

Please tell us a little more about yourself. Take a look at some of the other, stickied intros to get some ideas. Don't need a book or anything, just a little more meat with the potatoes :)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline hiei52Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • hiei52 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 07:04:43 AM »
Well, I started playing on Atlantic when a few of my friends started playing. We were a pretty casual group though, mostly just hanging around in the dungeons or fighting each other. I usually play range characters. Something about archery I always find appealing, so I usually have an archer in every game I play. It's nice to see Atlantic still having a healthy population compared to some of the other shards, I think part of the enjoyment is running into new people in-game. Most of our stories (usually involves one of us dying in unforeseeable ways, at least for us) comes from our interaction with other people in-game and following them into areas that we haven't explored. Unfortunately, all my friends have stopped playing and moved on to other games. Maybe this return will spark some of them to come back.

I mainly started using scripts to train my characters, mostly because I had less and less time to play the game (rather spent my time playing the game than training characters). For a while there I was doing two jobs (data entry), so it made it impossible for me to play the game and hence while I stopped. Upon my return, I came across this site while looking for some scripts to help me train (you guessed it) my archer. Anyway, I have to run off to work now, I'll see if I can add some more information later today.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »
Thanks for following up! Restricted status lifted.

Welcome to ScriptUO!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:26:05 AM »
Welcome!

Tags: