Author Topic: Art.mul & Artidx.mul - Stump and garbage hack files! Download here.  (Read 34890 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
+1
****FIXED****
New link is up!  MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR CURRENT FILES!
Well I got mul files working and as promised, heres the stump hack.  (wrong section? IDK)

If you are using mul files, just drop these in there and overwrite.

Make sure you drop all three files in there....

Art.mul
Artidx.mul
artLegacyMUL.uop

I dont know why it wont work without the uop file, but it wont and get an error on load.  I am pretty sure though the client is running legacy as well as uop to get mining and lumberjacking to work.

Let me know what you think.  Fibromyalgia is killing me from all that clicking.....revised about 350 files in art.mul

NO FIELD HACKS!

Removed:
All Foliage - Leaves, Lillypads, Flowers.
Anything that sat on the ground like Garbage and Refuse.
Vines and Flowers.
Mushrooms (Except Changa Model)
Anything that served no purpose was removed.
All trees converted to stumps
Sails removed from older ships, mast replaced with pier icon.

This is a hack for functionality, not pretty houses.  Therefore, some house plants have been removed and or converted to stumps.  Please keep a backup of your files.

Anyways, enjoy!  I said I would do it for you guys as soon as I got muls figured out!

https://www.mediafire.com/?aoglpz9d5j9pcls
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:49:43 PM by Coragin »
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
Re: Art.mul & Artidx.mul - Stump and garbage hack files! Download here.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:23:56 PM »
+1
Well darnit.  It worked, well kinda....had to repack....then got "UNUSED" tile data everywhere!  Will fix it in the morning!  :)
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 04:15:10 AM »
+1
I dont know why it wont work without the uop file, but it wont and get an error on load.  I am pretty sure though the client is running legacy as well as uop to get mining and lumberjacking to work.

Well the Client still need the UOP File for handling. Only Easyuo is unable to use UOP-Data and require the MUL for right working

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 06:45:28 AM »
+1
This should probably be posted in

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=135.0

Can a global mod make the change!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 06:47:53 AM »
+1
Thanks Coragin - will try it latter today

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 08:15:50 AM »
+1
Well I hope people get some use out of it. I love it, not only can you move faster and smoother, but its so much easier to see while doing champ spawns etc. 

I somehow missed one type of pink tree in Tokoyo Lands.  Will get that next time, when I do more.

Future plans:

1. Make Chests, Boxes, Bagball's, Creates and certain Gravestones walkthrough-able.
2. More cleanups for garbage littering all around.
3. Fix new ships sails to be invisible.
4. Remove the no passing on some smaller trees (then remove the stumps that go with them)
5. Make a "Coragin RULES" sign to put somewhere in there :p
6. Remove all the damn snow!  I replaced 4 snow tiles with the corrosponding grass tiles, but have not seen a difference.  So I am guessing Ice Isle or Ice dungeon or T2A ice area now has grass lol.
7. Remove all rocks and boulders that are currently able to pass through.  i.e. They dont block your toon anyways, so its no point in keeping them.
8. Also make a ton more things able to walkthrough.  Soul Stones, Dressers, Tables, Commodity Deed Boxes, Mailbox, anything that can be locked down in your house that you cannot walk through will be made so it dont hinder you at all.   That is more so for ease in crafting in your home with supply boxes all stacked around wont block you.  :)
9. Change dragons into tiny dragons, maybe even drakes.  Or even "Puffy Dragon" ;)

And I would have liked to keep all the tiny "Wildflowers" that were more or less just colored dots on the grass, but I wanted to see it with everything that was not needed gone.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 08:58:52 AM »
+1
Well I hope people get some use out of it. I love it, not only can you move faster and smoother, but its so much easier to see while doing champ spawns etc. 

I somehow missed one type of pink tree in Tokoyo Lands.  Will get that next time, when I do more.

Future plans:

1. Make Chests, Boxes, Bagball's, Creates and certain Gravestones walkthrough-able. << Used to be in my old setup, but to my knowledge with how devs now handle items in game this isn't possible anymore.
2. More cleanups for garbage littering all around.
3. Fix new ships sails to be invisible.
4. Remove the no passing on some smaller trees (then remove the stumps that go with them)  << Same with, they will start to act as dead tiles if you do this.
5. Make a "Coragin RULES" sign to put somewhere in there :p
6. Remove all the damn snow!  I replaced 4 snow tiles with the corrosponding grass tiles, but have not seen a difference.  So I am guessing Ice Isle or Ice dungeon or T2A ice area now has grass lol.
7. Remove all rocks and boulders that are currently able to pass through.  i.e. They dont block your toon anyways, so its no point in keeping them.
8. Also make a ton more things able to walkthrough.  Soul Stones, Dressers, Tables, Commodity Deed Boxes, Mailbox, anything that can be locked down in your house that you cannot walk through will be made so it dont hinder you at all.   That is more so for ease in crafting in your home with supply boxes all stacked around wont block you.  :)  << See above
9. Change dragons into tiny dragons, maybe even drakes.  Or even "Puffy Dragon" ;)

And I would have liked to keep all the tiny "Wildflowers" that were more or less just colored dots on the grass, but I wanted to see it with everything that was not needed gone.

Also, when you change items like flowers and stuff, you're not actually REMOVING them. You're just changing what they look like thus they still LOAD however since you use a transparent color it's still loading and the client is still loading it, it's just invisible because of the color you change it to :P

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 09:03:21 AM »
+1
This should probably be posted in

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=135.0

Can a global mod make the change!
Agreed and moved.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 09:17:32 AM »
+1
1. Make Chests, Boxes, Bagball's, Creates and certain Gravestones walkthrough-able.
4. Remove the no passing on some smaller trees (then remove the stumps that go with them)
8. Also make a ton more things able to walkthrough.  Soul Stones, Dressers, Tables, Commodity Deed Boxes, Mailbox, anything that can be locked down in your house that you cannot walk through will be made so it dont hinder you at all.   That is more so for ease in crafting in your home with supply boxes all stacked around wont block you.  :)
I dont think its possible because those informations are serversided. When you have an old map and server have an item there you also cant move through

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 09:27:48 AM »
+1
8. Also make a ton more things able to walkthrough.  Soul Stones, Dressers, Tables, Commodity Deed Boxes, Mailbox, anything that can be locked down in your house that you cannot walk through will be made so it dont hinder you at all.   That is more so for ease in crafting in your home with supply boxes all stacked around wont block you.  :)
I dont think its possible because those informations are serversided. When you have an old map and server have an item there you also cant move through

Aye, it used to be possible because the rules for being able to pass through them were controlled client side, however that was changed. There is still a rule for the client to follow stating that these items cannot be passed through, if you change the rule though you will just rubberband on the like a dead tile. Thus the server now checks for that and enforces it and the client just partially enforces it.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 11:31:04 AM »
+1
Seeks to work really well - thanks. Some interesting things I have observed but will post after more investigation.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 02:10:19 AM »
+1
If they changed the chests and boxes, soul stones, etc it had to be recently, like real recently.  I am talking about the ones that are crafted, no in cities and dungeons, those have been serverside for awhile now.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

As far as fields, I will likely never change them as I like them the way they are.  They are changed by others for pvp to take a load off the client I think and make them easy to see.  But they are already easy to see!  :)  THEY GLOW!  lol

I might do this for a special request, but not right now, still building toons on LS, so what we have here is good for now.  Especially considering the only other one I could find was missing a ton of models, like all the newer holiday items, GARGOYLES (PC and NPC Burning/Smoldering types), and I had a gargoyle, so that was extremely annoying!  lol  But now its fixed.

I dont know if anyone noticed but I also removed all the foliage and trees from Heartwood and Lady Mels area.  :)  That was new foliage, but cluttered up the screen.  Makes you wonder what devs were thinking when they decided it would be a good idea to add that stuff to those areas.

On a side note, my feet are cold.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 06:09:19 AM »
+1
Coragin - do you use uosteam ?
If you select seasons you get a change in what you see,
Below is yours and yours with uosteam and hide seasons.
And the funny part is it changes gravestones to your stumps
and then you can lumberjack the gravestone in stump form! hehehehehe

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
ScreenHunter_11 Dec. 05 19.30.jpg
ScreenHunter_11 Dec. 05 19.31.jpg
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:11:18 AM by gimlet »

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 06:20:02 AM »
+1
Wow that is interesting!  Can you click the sticks and stuff and give me the exact name?  I assume thats Fel.  IDK on the gravestones to stumps lol.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 08:55:07 AM »
+1
If they changed the chests and boxes, soul stones, etc it had to be recently, like real recently.  I am talking about the ones that are crafted, no in cities and dungeons, those have been serverside for awhile now.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

As far as fields, I will likely never change them as I like them the way they are.  They are changed by others for pvp to take a load off the client I think and make them easy to see.  But they are already easy to see!  :)  THEY GLOW!  lol

I might do this for a special request, but not right now, still building toons on LS, so what we have here is good for now.  Especially considering the only other one I could find was missing a ton of models, like all the newer holiday items, GARGOYLES (PC and NPC Burning/Smoldering types), and I had a gargoyle, so that was extremely annoying!  lol  But now its fixed.

I dont know if anyone noticed but I also removed all the foliage and trees from Heartwood and Lady Mels area.  :)  That was new foliage, but cluttered up the screen.  Makes you wonder what devs were thinking when they decided it would be a good idea to add that stuff to those areas.

On a side note, my feet are cold.

They changed them like.. 2-3 years ago. Because I used to have my stumpy able to run through crates, chests, soulstones, gravestones, tables, candelabras, wheat/hay, bagballs and a few other things. But then after a major patch I was no longer able to do it. Spent probably 2 months working on it before I reached out to my other modding friends who knew a lot more about it than I and they confirmed the change.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Tags: