Author Topic: Castle  (Read 8774 times)

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Castle
« on: November 07, 2012, 06:14:38 AM »
So, I was watching the new Castle the other day and I picked up on a nice little easter egg from the previous Captain Reynolds (Richard Castle in Castle). The episode kicks off in a convention where there is a murder on a fan re-creation of some (assuming made up) space ship series called Nebula 9. Now when this ep started I immediately thought of Firefly, given the main cast in Castle AND that the fiction sci-fi was a spaceship one (With enemies named KREAVERS). Then I noticed the hint as Castle bashes Nebula 9 as a short lived series with only 12 episodes... And that he is fans of "good sch-fis" such as "Star Trek, Battlestar, and that Joss Whedon show."

Bwahaha.

Also note that he bashes on Nebula 9 for being canceled a "decade ago after only 12 episodes."

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 08:09:03 AM »
Also apparently these KREAVERS are deformed "alien race" who would "eat your face of while you were alive and feed your insides to their young"... Sounds a bit up Reaver's alley, if they had offspring that is.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 08:15:52 AM »
ALso, this Nebula 9 was in reference to nine characters... Serenity also portrayed nine characters. I seriously think Fillion got the producer to make a huge Serenity reference in regards to this episode of Castle. rofl

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 08:40:19 AM »
Rookie

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 09:01:14 AM »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »
Rookie

My favorite one is the space cowboy one (the most obvious one also) but especially the part where his daughter asks "Didn't you wear that 5 years ago?" and then says "So...don't you think you should move on" and he just replies "I LIKE IT!"
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/firefly-reunion-tv-special/

Lol, I feel weird quoting myself, but I just watched this reunion special from Science channel.  Point your TiVo to it an absorb it.  Great fun to watch!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 03:04:17 AM »
Watching it as we speak

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:00:22 AM »
Watched the entire marathon (with my wife no less!!) from 9AM through the Browncoats Unite @ 10PM. Was the best Sunday ever! I didn't even care that my NY Giants lost horribly to the Bengals!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Tags: