Author Topic: Oven Baked Chicken Breast stuffed with Goat Cheese accented with a Lemon Butter  (Read 5244 times)

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Oven Baked Chicken Breast stuffed with Goat Cheese accented with a Lemon Butter Sauce

Ingredients
    • Two boneless and skinless chicken breasts, approx 1/2 pound each
    • Half a stick of butter
    • Quarter cup dry white wine
    • One and a half tablespoons of minced garlic (freshly minced cloves perferred)
    • Black Pepper
    • Olive Oil
    • Sea Salt
    • Two teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
    • Two teaspoons Thyme
    • Two teaspoons Oregano
    • Slices of Lemon (sectional, not wedges)
    • Goat Cheese (however much your breasts look like they can sustain)
    Directions

First preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  Now we will prepare our chicken breasts.  On the thicker edge of each chicken breast side, we want to cut a slit into the meat.  This will act as a pocket for our goatcheese.  Stuff the cheese into this pocket and don't be afraid to overstuff a bit, as it mixes really well with the sauce.  Now baste our breasts in olive oil and add Sea Salt and Pepper.  I personally like to knead in the sea salt but you don't have to.

For our sauce, turn on the stove to a low setting, and then with a small saucepan melt your butter.  Be very careful not to burn your butter.   We simply want to heat it.  Once we have melted the butter we will add the fresh garlic.  Again make sure you are using a low heat.  We want to make the garlic tender and allow it to start releasing flavor.  This should take about a minute, minute and a half.  Stir as necessary to ensure the butter/garlic doesn't start to brown.  After a minute and a half, remove it from the heat and stir in your white wine, Oregano, Thyme, and Lemon Juice.

Now place our two chicken breasts into a glass baking dish.  Place the lemon wheels under the breasts (so they cook on top of them) and pour our lemon butter sauce over the chicken.  Ensure that there is a fair amount of garlic under the chicken breasts as well as on top.

Now cook at 375 for 40 minutes.  Check to ensure the breasts are cooked by cutting one slightly so we can check that the meat is fully white (we don't want the meat to be pink.)  Take them out of the oven and put a tinfoil wrap over the glassware for 10 minutes before serving.  Pour the remaining sauce out of the glassware and over the breasts and enjoy !!

I tend to increase the amount of sauce I make (and bump up the amount needed for the ingredients) because I like to also put that lemon butter sauce over rice.  You can do it however you want.  Here is the original source for this recipe, so if you find yourself in a bind you can watch her explain it all on youtube.

​_██​_
    (ಠ​_ృ)
    I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
      0%
    • Reputation Power: 2
    • Insideout has no influence.
    • Respect: +13
    • Referrals: 0
      • View Profile
    makes me wish I still lived on the farm lol. Would have all that fresh. My goat was a doughnut addict though. Will give this one a try on SUnday. The local c-store would save the old bread and sandwiches along with the doughnuts so we could slop our hogs. lol the goat would throw down for a doughnut...

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
      0%
    • Reputation Power: 5
    • bodfather has no influence.
    • Respect: +28
    • Referrals: 0
      • View Profile

The dish looks great but that line made me LOL

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
    • Scripthack
    • Activity:
      0%
    • Reputation Power: 55
    • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • Air Guitar Commander !!
    • Respect: +144
    • Referrals: 1
      • View Profile

The dish looks great but that line made me LOL

I just spit coffee lmfao! !

Tags: