Author Topic: Hello from gateCrasher  (Read 4129 times)

Offline gateCrasherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gateCrasher has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello from gateCrasher
« on: June 24, 2008, 07:07:27 AM »
Hi everyone,

Wanted to drop by and say hi. I haven't played UO in a while due to a flux in my life (relo, moving, new job role, new kid, etc). Things have settled down and I plan to jump back online soon. Some of you may remember me from way back when, if so, then hi!

Looking forward to a great site :)

/gC

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hello from gateCrasher
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 12:44:03 AM »
Did you ever dust off your UO characters?  You were taking over the economy at one point....  I think UO misses you.  heh.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:54:20 AM »
 ;D

I did, sort of. I'm looking for all my old configs so I don't have to go through the horror setting up all my macros again. Each time I sit down to log in, something crops up. Gonna do some doom running later today I think. I'll bring your looter along for the win.

/gC

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 10:21:15 AM »
Oh man, you'll love the new looter for bodies with lots of items.  It's really fast for those given the number of rules that are processed.  Doom was what finally made me kill my last looter; it was just too slow.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 09:24:01 AM »
I logged in one of my old HW chars the other day at my secret bank location. It wasn't too secret anymore, there was a liche sitting there. Almost got me.

I have been dicking around with the turn in thing. It got me to thinking too. Oddly enough, I was getting out of the shower and I was like, "why don't they just do it like other games wehre you turn it in and you have a counter assigned to your character that keeps track of how many points you have instead of giving you a stupid ticket for every item you turn in?". Then I remembered it is UO.

-/gc

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 09:34:22 AM »
I logged in one of my old HW chars the other day at my secret bank location. It wasn't too secret anymore, there was a liche sitting there. Almost got me.

I have been dicking around with the turn in thing. It got me to thinking too. Oddly enough, I was getting out of the shower and I was like, "why don't they just do it like other games wehre you turn it in and you have a counter assigned to your character that keeps track of how many points you have instead of giving you a stupid ticket for every item you turn in?". Then I remembered it is UO.

-/gc

Yeh, it seems like every system they bring out is custom-designed with scripting being required and not an option.  So they forced me to write two silly little scripts instead of 1.  For me it was a waste of about 5 minutes, but I feel sorry for the people that do it by hand.  click, click, clickity, click.

Secret bank location you say?  Hallo?  Nudge, nudge.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 10:32:26 AM »