Author Topic: Finding more decaying houses - tools  (Read 10636 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Finding more decaying houses - tools
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 08:43:52 AM »
I probably have a copy of superslayers script, but wouldn't feel right releasing it.   

I had the same thoughts and they are still posted here in the "secret" forums here, but he was pretty clear that he wanted things to stay in the shadows of light.  Perhaps you can PM him - he does pop up from time to time and say "HI", so you might be able to persuade him to play with that monstrosity.   The zipped rail file is HUGE.  ZIPPED TOO!  He was probably the first person to really torture the rail engine above the countless iterations it got from the heartwood quester.  PIG >> SQUEAL!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 09:54:46 AM »
SOme have a working script for this, Because I see ppl recall near my house to check on it and the few around.  Not sure if it by hand or BOT.  Some  getting all the IDOC information.   UO land is so waste can't imagine the rail size and how slow it will be to check every plot every 3 days.    The think tank of UO is on this forum  so you are in good hand.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 10:03:04 AM »
SOme have a working script for this, Because I see ppl recall near my house to check on it and the few around.  Not sure if it by hand or BOT.  Some  getting all the IDOC information.   UO land is so waste can't imagine the rail size and how slow it will be to check every plot every 3 days.    The think tank of UO is on this forum  so you are in good hand.
The difference is, some may have recall routines for checking spots, others can sit back playing other games and then see all spots of a map ;-)

Offline bendel

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • bendel has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »
Back in the day's were u was able to scan subserver xD

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 08:26:42 PM »
Today one guy can check all locations on all shards in about 6 hours according to a "UO realtor". It takes me that long on one shard, lol, and I miss a LOT.

Anyway, I found a roadmap tool - http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/2628/Ultima-Online-Treasure-Hunter-Tools. Instead of marking tmaps I can mark houses so that when I'm running around I don't forget some as I go, and not wasted time running through trees as I can create a more efficient rune book set to skip long runs. By no means is it as detailed as say, something like this - http://www.uorenaissance.com/map/index.php?zoom=5&lon=1576&lat=2576 but it will do, for now.

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 03:18:40 PM »
I probably have a copy of superslayers script, but wouldn't feel right releasing it.  

I had the same thoughts and they are still posted here in the "secret" forums here, but he was pretty clear that he wanted things to stay in the shadows of light.  Perhaps you can PM him - he does pop up from time to time and say "HI", so you might be able to persuade him to play with that monstrosity.   The zipped rail file is HUGE.  ZIPPED TOO!  He was probably the first person to really torture the rail engine above the countless iterations it got from the heartwood quester.  PIG >> SQUEAL!

Thanks TrailMyx, even in my UO afterlife, my work is protected! I appreciate your honor :)

To the script I wrote, I had a few users try it out and it worked for them, at least they didn't say it did not work. It was/is so awesome, it would report to a website where the rail broke with coordinates and facet that alerted me of a need for help. It did darn near everything except the messaging to guildies.

OOHHHH, noticing my sig with link to script!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 03:22:07 PM »
Wow, hey SS!  Glad to see you still around!  I wish I was in my UO afterlife, but it seems my UO existence is powered with undead afterlife!   Don't be a stranger!  I just started scripting a bit again after a LONG time away.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 03:40:33 PM »
Wow, the smiles that come back when I see people still talking about me and my World IDOC Traveller in UO memorium  ;)

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 05:51:40 PM »
Someone dare said "scan subserver" and IDOC  and all my lights and sirens went off, I had to peek in this thread :P 

8) 8) 8)

Offline Zurg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 09:07:23 PM »
hard to find decaying house after they have all fell.
Just glad to have a blast

Tags: