Author Topic: Barbecued Ribs  (Read 4521 times)

Offline HalfMercyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • HalfMercy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Barbecued Ribs
« on: May 30, 2015, 07:52:24 AM »
I'm one of those home hack chefs who tries recipes off of the internet and then tweaks them over time. This is the result of two separate internet recipes that have been used together and adjusted to taste.

I start off with some country pork ribs, the big fat ones. I'm not as much of a big fan of beef ribs but if you like those, I don't see why they wouldn't work also. Slow boil them in a pot of water with a liberal amount of chopped onion, chopped garlic, and 7 or 8 whole cloves (ground cloves works too but it's messier) for 30-35 minutes.

Mix in one bowl a small bottle of Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce, a heaping teaspoon of salt, a level tablespoon of black pepper, and 4 level tablespoons of garlic powder. Then I add cayenne slowly, a little bit at a time, stir and sniff. When it just begins to singe my nasal cavity, that's enough for me but this might vary for everyone. At any rate, be mindful of the fact that if you have leftovers and reheat these, microwaves seriously activate cayenne and it will be 2-3 times hotter than it was fresh. ;) <----- Note: Depending on how many ribs you cook, you might want to increase your total sauce amount but this works for about 4-5 ribs (one meal for me and my wife).

Preheat oven to 350. Cover the bottom of a baking dish in the sauce, place your ribs on top, and then cover them in more sauce. Cover dish with aluminum foil and place into the oven for 40 minutes. Turn the oven to broil, uncover the dish, and baste/broil the ribs a few times for another 10 minutes. Finally, drizzle honey across the top and let that sit under the broiler for another minute or two.

It's not much like what people think of as traditional barbecued ribs but I've been told by plenty of people that they're the best ribs they've ever had. My wife's grandmother even thanked me for them four times over dinner a few months ago and that was the first time anyone could remember her saying anything nice since 1953.  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:02:40 AM by HalfMercy »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Barbecued Ribs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 09:24:50 AM »
I'll have to forward this to my girlfriend.  She's all about off-the-shelf stuff, and never really kicks it up a notch.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline HalfMercyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • HalfMercy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Barbecued Ribs
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »
Haha, well enjoy and let me know how they turn out! Nice to meet you, Trailmyx!

Tags: