Author Topic: 5 Control Slot Taming  (Read 5988 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
5 Control Slot Taming
« on: July 14, 2017, 11:10:06 AM »
As I understand it, if your Pet already has 5 Control Slots, then you do not (and cannot) feed it any Power Scrolls.  Also, it will cap off at either 100 in some skills and 120 in others.  For Combat Training, I still use a shadow iron elemental and let them beat on each other for hours.  What I am trying to figure out is how to train resist and also my Frost Dragon has Detect Hidden?  How do I train that and do I need to?  I have used Swoops to train resist in the past, but that is very slow going.  There was also a trick (that I cannot remember correctly) that you walk your Dragon/Pet into energy or paralyze fields in Felucca and it will gain resists very fast...?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Control Slot Taming
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 11:21:43 AM »
You can add powerscrolls after your pet is 5 followers provided you have enough points left over to do so. All caps will be 100 unless the pet has that skill above post-tame. Everything else will require a scroll.

For training resist, if you have multiple accounts, tell your pet to stay and then loop weaken, feeblemind, clumsy, and poison (if pet has healing) to gain resist. Goes even faster if you can disco your pet.I can't remember if your character's eval plays a part in it. But I usually have my SDI mage with eval and tamer without both casting on it.

To train detect hidden I would think that stealthing circles around your pet would work. But I haven't taken the time to work it up and doubt that I will.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 09:18:29 AM »
bottem lv of shame at the 5 blood elle spawn there are islands. Teleport to island, you and pet sit on island and all kill to the elles. The elles will cast @ your pet. Discording the elles makes healing much easier. I have got resist up to 128 on a GD here.

Ditect hidden is now a dead skill and can not be raised according to all the posts i have read.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 05:20:24 PM »
Interesting way to raise resist on pets. Thanks for sharing.

"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Tags: