Author Topic: When do resources get randomized...  (Read 14470 times)

Offline KilroyIsDeadTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KilroyIsDead has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
When do resources get randomized...
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:52:25 AM »
+1
I asked at EUO and it said every time you visit it's random, but then does the server keep track of my visit versus larry's visit versus TrailMyx's visit.  My guess is that it's a server uptime randomizer but then stays that way all day.  Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm the rest of the night;
Set a man afire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: When do resources get randomized...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 06:10:27 AM »
+1
Whenever an ore vein refreshes after being harvested from, there is a slight chance it will change resource type. For example, a mountainside that yielded Valorite today might give plain iron tomorrow, and vice versa. Your level of skill does not determine your chance of finding a colored vein, it only determines whether you can extract the colored ore.

So if you completely empty a vein everytime it has a slight chance to change the ore type in that vein.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 06:14:41 AM »
+1
As masscre said he hit the nail on the nose.  Same goes for wood when you empty tree or if you 1/2 empty and larry and TM finish it .. doesnt matter chance to change at respawn/refresh.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 06:37:13 AM »
+1
I don't recall the respawn timer or even know if it's published but if we assume 25 mins...

If I find a colored resource (Boy, does that sound like an HR worthy clause for the 1950s)
I should only take 4 or 6 resources
wait 25 minutes and return?
...I think this is a good place for a loop

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 06:43:14 AM »
+1
I think respawn time is 5mins in fel and 10tram .. if i rember correcly or something thier abouts.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 07:01:54 AM »
+1
I believe the respawn time is completely randomized between something like 5 and 20 minutes (don't know the exact numbers but I do know it's random). I also don't think you need to empty the resource square in order for it to respawn. In fact, my theory is that the resource square refreshes regardless of whether it has been mined or not. I have no tracked testing data however to support any of these hypotheses.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 07:07:30 AM »
+1
Ok, With the new miner that I referred to earlier I can run some tests and analyze the data

I'll run one account to mine half and one to mine to empty
I'll make sure the visits are spaced by more than 25 mins to make sure I don't empty a grid.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 07:20:22 AM »
+1
Ive been meaning to test this theory for ages.

Find a Frost or Verite Spawn... chop/dig 3/4 times dont mine it dry wait 10mins repeat.  I suspect it will not change.

Needs testing.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 07:31:04 AM »
+1
I have also been meaning to try this also.  I have chopped on the same frost tree for 8 hours and it continued to give the same frostwood but at sever up it changed, but i have had other instances where at server up the tree was still frostwood. So i believe at server up is just like any other vein respawn chance.  I have noticed that if i completely clean a resource out each time that i have a higher chance for it to repawn a different color, but this is not data really just what i have observed after chopping around 2 million logs.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 08:29:05 AM »
+1
I think I'm with XII on this one. Based on general knowledge of UO programmers, it would seem likely that they would have the ore spots refresh every 5-20 mins REGARDLESS of whether or not they have been mined. #1 because it would be easier for them to program, #2 because no one would know because we have no way of knowing what's in a spot UNLESS we mine it!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 08:40:44 AM »
+1
The other thing to consider is code efficiency, why write routines that would engage subroutines only when certain criteria were met verse something that could just be blanketed. My belief is that the developers would keep it simple, resource square type gets randomly refreshed every x to x minutes regardless of state verse monitoring all resourcable tiles for specific activity then performing actions only on that particular tile. I'm sure I'm wrong but this seems more logical when thinking about such a grand scale of potential tiles.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 02:23:03 PM »
+1
LoL, though my experience with UO programmers is that they don't have a friggin clue. So I honestly don't think they would think it through that well. It's probably a mish-mash of codes snippets that sometimes work! That's what I've come to expect from UO programmers/developers!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 02:56:45 PM »
+1
Sorry guys but I have to burst your bubble. My beetlejacker was modified at one time to automatcally not take all resources.  They still ramdomize after a while
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 03:54:31 PM »
+1
Boo Hiss!

Ok, I'll figure out another use for a database.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 04:10:20 PM »
+1
how about figureing out the exact time a NPC will restock there Regs :P

Tags: