Author Topic: Client crash when character loads.  (Read 4873 times)

Offline awicker0510Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • awicker0510 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Client crash when character loads.
« on: April 05, 2020, 06:10:59 PM »
I have multiple accounts that all have full character slots.  I have one character that the client crashes when I open it through Easy UO or Razor.  I can open it and play straight through the client with no issues. All the other characters on that account have no issues opening. I have redownloaded razor and easy uo and same results. I was trying some lumberjacking scripts on this character earlier today.  I gave up and logged. Now I am having this issues on that specific character.  Has anyone seen this before?

Only thing I did different on this character was attempt to run a lumberjack script that made temporary rails and asked you to save them. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks for taking a look.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Client crash when character loads.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 06:20:30 PM »
Not exactly sure what you mean by "I have one character that the client crashes when I open it". What does it mean "crashes"? does the client completely go away or does it become unresponsive?
What is "it"? the client? the character?
What is the timing? The problem happens when you initiate the uo client or only when you try to select this  specific character from the login screen?

What version of Easyuo are you using?
What version of the client are you using?
Is this on freeshard or official servers?

What happens if you start up "client.exe" directly without Easyuo/Razor?

Does this problem happen after you tried to reboot?

If the answers to the above doesn't give insight, then what is the LJ script - something publicly available or something that is yours?

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 06:39:05 PM »
Not exactly sure what you mean by "I have one character that the client crashes when I open it". What does it mean "crashes"? does the client completely go away or does it become unresponsive?
What is "it"? the client? the character?
What is the timing? The problem happens when you initiate the uo client or only when you try to select this  specific character from the login screen?
      I login, select my shard, select a character, when I select this specific character it moves to the next screen like its about to load in, i can read the welcome to napa valley message on the bottom left, screen is all gray and just freezes and I have to force close..

What version of Easyuo are you using?1.6.0.334

What version of the client are you using? 7.0.85.15  classic client  OSI server

What happens if you start up "client.exe" directly without Easyuo/Razor? No issues with that character.

Does this problem happen after you tried to reboot? I rebooted computer, reinstalled EUO and Razor no change.

If the answers to the above doesn't give insight, then what is the LJ script - something publicly available or something that is yours?
     Jebbits Easy Rail Lumberjack, got it from Easyuo.com, approved script on Public Script library.

I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help.  I wasn't having this problem when I created my account here earlier today.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 07:31:00 PM »
Do you have any script running in EUO when you try to login? (If so... try without it).
I can login myself with both EUO initialized client.exe and through Razor.
Can you login with a different character to the same shard on the same account?

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 09:46:23 PM »
Never seen this issue before.   Never use Jebbits either.   

Ensure that UOgame ( with razor)  is started first ,them Easy UO.    after that you can have multiple game window open.  But you can't have have multiple EasyUO running script anymore. 

Wondering if the registry got affected when you save setting.?????

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 03:49:29 AM »
Never seen this issue before.   Never use Jebbits either.   Hard lesson learned.

Ensure that UOgame ( with razor)  is started first ,then Easy UO.    after that you can have multiple game window open.  But you can't have multiple EasyUO running script anymore. I can not get Razor (version 1.0.14) to load any of my accounts. I enter login information and it begins to load in and freezes on the next screen, screen is gray and says verifying account.  I can load all characters on all accounts using UO Asist. I can load all characters on all accounts using the client.exe. Using Easy UO I can load all characters on all accounts except the one character that freezes when logging in.

Wondering if the registry got affected when you save setting.??

Do you have any script running in EUO when you try to login? (If so... try without it). Tried without any scripts running, same results.
I can login myself with both EUO initialized client.exe and through Razor.
Can you login with a different character to the same shard on the same account?
Yes, only one character on one of my 3 active accounts is affected.

Again, thanks for everyone taking the time to read and give suggestions, much appreciated.

One thing I wanted to make a note of, a few times when I received the not responding message, I chose the option to wait for software to respond. The screen went to full screen, but did not load in, it stays frozen on the same screen. It seems like it is trying to load in full screen and possible causing the freeze.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 03:54:27 AM »
If this all happened yesterday, I would check again after server maintenance.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 04:47:50 AM »
I uninstalled Classic Client and tried again after maintenance, same results.
After uninstalling Classic Client there are some files that remain.  There are folders that show my account names, when you open them there are specific character folders.  When you open the character folder it shows some settings files. What would happen if I uninstalled classic client and deleted these files? Would this force the game to make new files with settings after uninstalling classic client, and deleting files, reinstalling classic client? I am not sure this will work because it seems like the issue is with a file in Easy UO since I can log into that character with client.exe. 

Anyone have suggestions on how to get rid of all easy UO files so the settings are lost for my characters? I rummaged around and I don't see many files.  I don't want to delete anything that will make the problem worse.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 05:06:01 AM »
uninstalling leaves a couple of subdirectories with nothing but simple files. I also uninstalled the EC client.
Then I deleted the Electronic Arts directory to simply scrub it all.

Now I am downloading a fresh installation.

I will lose the Tile files when it's done - but I can get that back later... Just to prove the point that I can login again without issue and it was safe to remove those other files.

Keep posted, it will take a while to finish the download/patching process (currently at 7%).

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 05:16:16 AM »
I can't say thanks enough for your help, you are really going above and beyond to help troubleshoot.

I don't think this is an issue I can bring up with UO, my best guess is there is a setting that I mistakenly changed when running that script.  I have tried to track down the temporary rail file and I can not remember the exact file name but I can't find it when searching for all .txt files. I do not want to run the script again to find the file name and it happens to another character.

Yesterday I changed some display settings with multiple clients open and I know that is a No No, but that is hindsight, I didn't think of it while I was doing it.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 05:37:02 AM »
It was time for a good scrubbing. ;)

So display options are in a text file by account/character.

Gaderian

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 05:59:55 AM »
Should I go ahead and do the same, uninstall and delete EA directory, reinstall?

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 06:13:40 AM »
I would examine the setting files.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 09:11:43 AM »
I figured out how to make the character load but I do not know why it is having the issue not loading.
I compared all the settings to different character profiles I had and did not find anything different. I removed all EUO stuff and redownloaded and still had the issue.  I went back to basics and started troubleshooting. I ran EUO as administrator and now the character loads and functions no issues.  I don't know why it makes me run as administrator on that character only but it works.

Should I just carry on with my life and always run as admin or should I continue troubleshooting to find out why it is like that?

Thanks again for the help.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 01:50:29 PM »
always run easyuo as administrator or you will have issues.  Admittedly that was a weird issue as it should have given issue on all characters.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: