Author Topic: Bod Book Lister  (Read 6508 times)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bod Book Lister
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 08:05:08 PM »
Right.
So then that first method would be ideal if the price column were moved ahead of the items on the bod?
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline powTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pow has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2021, 08:24:18 PM »
I want it to list it like the book, like the photo in a txt format. Pretty simple, I just dont know anything about writing these, just using them.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Bod pic.JPG

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2021, 08:43:49 PM »
So you need an additional column to keep it together as a set for the large bods, if you want to sort in a spreadsheet. Maybe a number to keep the records together like the time stamp when it was read would be simple enough.

On the other hand, if it listed as a single record for small or large, then it wouldn't require that ID column.

A lot of the data is fluff (like the "A bulk order deed" and "blessed"). If the price were moved before any of the items that make up the deed, then it would be able to pull into a spreadsheet and keep all the data for the individual BOD intact - even if you wanted to sift and sort the information.

So just kicking around ideas on how the data would be useful...
Code: [Select]
Large : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty : Price : item1 : item1 qty : item2 : item2 qty : item 3 : item3 qty : item4 : item4 qty : item5 : item5 qty : item6 : item6 qty
Small : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty : Price : item1 : item1 qty

The one missing thing would be linking up matches of small with large to allow filling a large.

Code: [Select]
Artificial ID (time stamp) : Large : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty : Price : item1 : item1 qty
Artificial ID (time stamp) : Large : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty : Price : item2 : item2 qty
Artificial ID (time stamp) : Large : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty : Price : item3 : item3 qty
Artificial ID (time stamp) : Large : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty : Price : item4 : item4 qty
Artificial ID (time stamp) : Large : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty : Price : item5 : item5 qty
Artificial ID (time stamp) : Large : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty : Price : item6 : item6 qty
Artificial ID (time stamp) : Small : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty : Price : item1 : item1 qty

This organization would allow sorting by the original book order, or making a set out of the Large items together, but also sorting by the Item# column which would bring the large and small together which could be used to fill a bod. I think that would be a more useful format.

Think about what you want to accomplish using the spreadsheet and let me know.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline powTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • pow has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 11:30:52 AM »
I am onboard with what your thinking. I don't need to know price or if its blessed. All I need to know is the content of the bod:

1. Large : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty :
sm bods within large :
Material-Exc/Normal/ item to be made and qty

2. Small : Material : Normal|Exceptional : Qty

Again, just looking for it to list out the bods on boo kin a basic format so I can filter and list what I need. Thanks again!

Offline powTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • pow has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2021, 12:50:37 PM »
The spreadsheet is just a means of listing out the BODS total that I have. Then I can use this list to either sell, or use to organize in a way I will understand better:)

Thank you:) :) ;)

Tags: