Author Topic: Greetings & Salutations  (Read 3077 times)

Offline GiovanniMonosTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GiovanniMonos has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings & Salutations
« on: June 01, 2009, 01:30:57 AM »
Hello all.

I'm an older player returning to UO after 8 years away.  I play mostly on the LS shard as mage, tamer and crafter.  I just got back into UO a few months ago and people on LS told me about this site and ScriptUO as well as other utilities available on the net.  I'm very interested in what 3rd party development is doing in relation to the game.  I've never been very good at coding/scripting/programming but have always wanted to be.  I hope this site will be of help in that area.  Thanks much for putting so much time and effort into an excellent site.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings & Salutations
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:47:23 AM »
"I'm an older player returning to UO after 8 years away. "

How OLD are you anyway?? I thought I was the oldest player on SUO!

Welcome to the site, lots of GREAT stuff here so take your time, and have fun!

Toptwo
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:58:07 AM »
Welcome to the site. What shard do you play on and what are you looking to get out of scriptuo and what are you thinking to put in? Have a nice look around and abuse the search button and again welcome.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:13:12 AM »
Hey again and thanks for the kind welcome to the site.

Toptwo, I'm not THAT old.  Well, I don't think 71 is that old, in my opinion.

Masscre, I play on LS (as stated in my intro post) and I've no clue as to what I could possibly put in to ScriptUO, I think what I'm looking to get out of it is a better understanding of scripting.

I think I should post my questions about ScriptUO in the proper forum, so off I go...

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 04:33:34 AM »
This is by far the best site to actually learn about scripting. The community here is very active and is unbelievable when it comes to answering questions and helping you understand the who,what,whys,wheres, and what the F%#! is wrongs. So welcome and don't stop asking questions because I might learn from the answers too.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 04:35:35 PM »
Well, if you are really 71 then you have a bit more dust on yourself than my 41.  heh.  Dust isn't that bad anyhow. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 04:38:58 PM »
Hell, I feel YOUNG again at 51 LOL

welcome!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 03:34:11 PM »
My father of 99 years insists on calling me "kid" to this day.  The way he tells it, I "became" a kid the moment I saw Space Invaders in 1978.  I didn't even know what a video game was back then, hadn't heard of such a thing in my life.  But from that day (that very MOMENT) until now I've been playing video games of all kinds.  But let's not lie about the lies... if we meet in-game where attitude and image are paramount - be it at a Feluccia champ spawn in UO or a few quick rounds of Halo 3, I'll be telling you I'm 36 and just got back from Rage Against The Machine concert.  Haha!

Tags: