Author Topic: ScriptUO fishing Throwdown!  (Read 20090 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
ScriptUO fishing Throwdown!
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »
Looks like we're looking some great smack-talk in the shoutbox, so I wanted to start a thread where you fisherman can come to boast/taunt one another.  Also lets the other non-participants/leechers see what they are missing out on.  ;)

This is scripted fishing, so those of you leechers/lurkers from Stratics who come here to spy, turn your eyes because you won't believe the numbers.  :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO fishing Throwdown!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:59:18 PM »
Well I like the FAF script so much I'm making 2 more fisherman in my attempts to someday pull in a Ghost Anchor or Sea Horse Statuette. I'm not worried about the competition I wish everyone luck in their attempts at the Leviathan.

Right now I'm just having fun with this script because of it's ease of use and I've had absolutely zero errors or crashes. Also it's a nice break from Heartwood.

I know with 100% certainty I wouldn't be fishing without the FAF. I couldn't imagine clicking that many times and unloading various resources manually. Definitely not my idea of enjoyable game play clicking that much with such a low chance of a decent reward. But now that it's automated I love it. Fishing up the chests of the ASOS is going to be some work.

First night I hit GM I pulled in 4 ASOS. Last night after 130 Serpents not a single ASOS. Another day or so I should have 3 GM Fisherman sailing the seas. Then the real farming can begin. 8)

I'm going to have to check out Kham's script to help me in fish up all the chests. I'm also glad that I will have some fisherman ready to go as it was stated there will be some additions to fishing with Stygian Abyss.

Thanks a ton TM. I'm having a blast with the FAF...truly amazing!

Offline Dude1598

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dude1598 has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 01:24:06 PM »
For the life of me I cant remember how to raise fishing. The last time I did it was when you could still do 8*8 and that was on my main account. I started a new character at 50 and it says I have to fish in shallow water to raise skill. So I was wondering whats the easy way to raise fishing

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 01:28:43 PM »
8x8 no longer works, you can stand still now.  For skill less than around 72, you need to be in shallow water or near a server line.  If you use my Fisherman here, you just sail your boat close to a server boundary and just start fishing.  You'll have to unload from time to time since you don't have serpents to throw things away in.  But the main point here is you need to be on or near the server line.

@Ultima:  Glad you like the FaF.  It was a fun one to write and frankly has been the best one so far to see everyone use and enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:30:29 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Dude1598

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dude1598 has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »
Okay cool ty TM. I have been using your fishing script on my main account that was GM Fishing and the script works great

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 02:32:44 PM »
I am currently scripting away with TM's Fish Hunter 16..and having a ball!

I am running 2 clients, Both GM. I have been doing this for almost 48 hours now, and currently have 15 ASOS's. I also am not worried about the compitition...I hope EVERYBODY gets a ghost anchor, and Sea Horse...I just hope I get em first  ;D

My smallest BIG fish so far has been 6 stones.
My Largest BIG Fish so far has been 178 Stones.

I am going to keep using 2 clients...even though some are talking about going to 3 or even 5!!

I also know there is NO WAY IN HELL I would be trying this the ...dare I say it....um....ah....you know....the MANUAL WAY....I would have slit my wrists by now, as fishing done the stupid way is about as exciting as watching paint dry!

TM's script not only fishes...it keeps what you want (scales, hides, gold, T-maps, pearls, MIB's, Nets, Color Nets, Footwear, special fish) It tosses what YOU dont want to keep..YOU make the selection! It cuts the fish to steaks, and takes the whole lot to the bank..then gets back to fishing!

And the FAF is even better,,,I havent tried it yet, but will someday I hope!

So those of you that are here to spy, or those of you that havent registered, if you like fishing...keep having fun doing it YOUR way..the MANUAL WAY. I choose to do it this way..and stay sane, and UNCRIPPLED!!!

Now...

Back to the competition....

OH WAIT...I dont HAFTA go fish..I AM NOW...AS I TYPE THIS!!!

Guys..I keep telling you...you will get WAY more ASOS's if you fish Fel, Shame lvl 3, in the moat..there is a ASOS in EVERY cast....trust me!

Toptwo

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:38:31 PM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 02:40:06 PM »
I SHOULD have had two GM fishers by today, but the revert screwed me :*(

I pulled up my first Ted yesterday, and he's lost forever!!  (Even though I died and lost him anyways...  I'll let EA take the blame for his death!!)

I'm back to one fisher at 57 skill.  Debating on if I'm going to recreate the other(s).

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 02:46:03 PM »
Don't give up!!!

There is wayyyyyyyyyyyy more Ted's out ther just waiting for you!!!

An besides..you can't retire with only a 42stone BIG fish under your belt, that would be soooooooooooooo embarassing!!!

Toptwo
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 02:56:43 PM »
Ya, don't give up!  At least you don't have to build them by hand!  Yeesh.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 03:10:54 PM »
Yeah I want to make em but god I hate giving them all gold, a boat, and then sailing them out to serverline to start training lol.  I guess I'll go round up a buncha LRC suits again, do the crystalline ring trick on em, and modify my lil fishing trainer to work magery at the same time lol.

Maybe I'll get em going in an hour or so depending on how quick I can find pendants and alchemist baubles :P

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 03:13:09 PM »
Yayyyyyyyy

OMG is back in again!!!!!

WTF dude...might as well, you were complaing how board you have been lately, and this seemed to get you out of your funk...dont let a little server revert change your mind!!

GO GET TED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toptwo

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 04:16:43 PM »
RAWR

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
fishers.JPG

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 04:56:07 PM »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 05:57:32 PM »
You shoulda seen the idiots in haven when i set them all to auto follow my main char and they ran like an army hahaha.

They're only in the 60's right now.  I'll leave em run tonight.  If they're still alive when I get up I'll restart em and hopefully they will be dead when I get home.  That should mean they will be in the 80's I suppose. lol.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 06:35:54 PM »
ah... someone doesn't have C2's AutoLogger Sub in there FAF :)

Tags: