Author Topic: Mining Script chat  (Read 10593 times)

Offline KilroyIsDeadTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KilroyIsDead has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Mining Script chat
« on: June 24, 2009, 08:08:59 AM »
Not that we don't already have too many mining scripts, but I have another Work-in-progress.

I basically want it to be useable for both UA and semi-UA (running in a VM or running on a computer across the room)

At start up it detects what kind of pets you have in tow.
If you have a fire beetle it presumes you want to smelt in the field.  If you don't want to smelt in the field then put the fire beetle away.
If you have a giant beetle, It presumes you want to load up the pack with your ore and it must be ore because you can't have a fire and giant at the same time.
The same for Pack Horse and Pack Llama, but here it assesses whether or not you have a fire as well.  With a fire it will smelt and pack the ingots on the pack animal.
If you have none of the above pets then it just mines ore and returnes when you are full.

I allow you to have as many runebooks as you want and then cycle through them

I think the advantage here is that it allows you to mine the way you want to mine. 

If you are fully AFK then you likely want to limit your time in the field and reduce the exposure to PKs, Narcs and GMs.  Most fully AFKs are not looking to peak their resources/hour but are trying to assure avoidance of capture.  So you probably don't want a pet; you want to get to a mine spot dig until full and move on.  Allowing for more books also helps you increase the time between locations so that bad folk can't stalk you for timing of when to pounce.

If you are semi-AFK, then I believe you are looking for resources/hour, and I want to limit the time wasted travelling back and forth to the secure, so I want to allow you to have as much storage as you can get.

Now the difference between field smelting and not smelting is that the ingots are lighter, so you trade the time it takes to smelt for being able to store more resources before unloading.  I do not have good statistics for this but I want to allow both so you can decide.

The script does have some health checking (Poison and hits) resolved through magery.  Adding other methods is trivial.

It also has fleeing capablities, so it flees when harmed, or if there is a human type with a abad reputation.

All that said, is this anything of interest, since there are already enough mining scripts?  And is my theory sound?
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm the rest of the night;
Set a man afire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Mining Script chat
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 10:12:50 AM »
I use MWinc's Miner right now.  It works pretty good for me the features I like are the multiples runebooks, use prospector's tools, logging out at set time.  The escape/evasion sub works sometimes but the script will go back to that same spot on the next cycle.  It will also keep mining even when you taking damage from a monster/PK.  I also can't get the Log in part of the script to work right.  I wouldn't exspect a mining script to kill a pk but it would be cool if it could at least cast mind blast on a monster.  I am using a mage weapon bow on my miner atm.   

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 11:05:17 AM »
I like those ideas.
Similar to the old papua miner, I allow a list of mobile types that I'll stand and fight
Papua had the pet dispatch them by setting them to guard mode.  I don't like that because the pet wanders more than I like.

Why do you use the prospector tool? to turn verite into valorite for one cycle of resource refreshes?  That seems wastefull but I could add that, and in that case would you always use the prospector tool or just the first swing at the mine site then revert to a shovel?  As you can tell I'm not sure how the prospector tool works.

Whenever I go home, I register why I went home and if it's anything other than I was full, I move to the next rune.  I'm playing with setting a timer to delay before revisiting the rune so that you can allow for the PK to get bored or the mob to de-pop.

The magery weapon and a bow is slick, but how do you account for the arrows?  I think I'll add offensive casting as well, depending on what's in the area.  I don't wish to fight 4 brigands or an orc camp, but I may take on a single ettin.

Is it useful to have a script that is both streamlined for the AFK and resource hogging for the semi-AFK?

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 08:14:46 PM »
I use the quiver of infinity with 500 arrows and I don't have runes in high spawn areas.   It only uses about 60-80 arrows per hour.  I never run more than about 5-6 hours at a time.   On Atlantic most of the pks that hit miners camp in the caves(I took out my cave spots).  The prospector tools I get for free from friend who runs that bod filler script and it does up the value per hour of my mining.  I only end up using like 2 tools for every 3 hours of run time.  I only run my miner when friends need ingots or tally from the master of trades. 

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 06:20:59 AM »
I'm a mage weapon person as well, I find that the Staff of Pyros is an excellent option for my miner. I never die to low-level spawn anymore.

As for the PK thing, it's par for the course IMO. If I mine in Fel I just keep my fingers crossed LOL. I am choosy about where I mark my runes and I've only been killed twice so far out of several million ingots.

I would be curious to see a breakdown of Fel AFK mining results verse Tram AFK mining results to get an hourly average of resources taken in over the course of a day. On a busier shard such as Atlantic I'm not convinced that the additional resources gathered in Fel are worth the added risk. Definitely on a lower-populated shard, but Atl I'm not so sure.

Talking about this brings up all of the items I've planned on working into the XIIxOver miner but not had the time to do for so long. Definitely need to get back to that one although there really is no need to hurry since there are so many more options now.

Quick question on the Prospector tool, if I remember correctly you have to mine a spot once before you can prospect it successfully, has anyone noticed this?

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 07:51:10 AM »
Ok, then I want to pick brains.

Do I have to be aware that you are using a mage weapon, or does it make more sense to allow you to ignore more mobs.

Out of the box, I am ignoring the sewer rat, headless, mongbats etc...

But if you have a mage weapon you also ignore Ettins and Ogres

And I still need info on what a Prospectors tool does.  I thought it just elevated the color being mined.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 08:45:19 AM »
Well, if you get attacked you can simply rely on the autodefend to kill of the small mobs so essentially you could just keep up the ignore list for most things. I would throw, perhaps, Gargoyles, Harpies, Spiders, Scorpions, Ogres, Snakes, Giant Serpents, Trolls, Ettins, others(?) on the list you've already started. On the other hand, I've noticed autodefend not always working correctly, especially when multiple mobs are concerned. I've sat there taking a beating by a Mongbat and never swinging back once. Not sure what causes that. If you are going to have some kind of reaction to a mob regardless of the ignore/autodefend thing than identifying the mage weapon could be important otherwise you can leave that entire chunk of logic out, tell people to use a mage weapon, and only scan for specific mobs requiring an action rather than scanning for mobs to ignore - could make for more efficient code.

You are right on the Prosp tools - it simply raises the ore by one. I personally don't care about them however I know a lot of people do, it has been requested for the XIIxOver Miner many times and I started working on it for 3.0. If we did an economical analysis however I think we would find that prospecting all color types isn't necessarily a good thing. For example, I can unload WAY more Iron than I can Dull Copper so I wouldn't want to prospect Iron. Also, Verite sells almost as high as Valorite so I may not want to prospect Verite either. Manwhile, Copper is worthless in comparison to Bronze. With all this in mind, I was working out an option that allowed customization of the Prospect process whereby you could check which colors you would like to prospect. For example, I might decide I need Val more than I need Verite because I just got all the BOD's I need for a Val hammer or I run out of Val stock on my vendor thus I check the Verite box. Might be something to consider.

If I remember correctly the logic for prospecting is something like:

Code: [Select]
Dig X/Y/Z
If !ToProspect=#TRUE && dig is successful then head to the prospect sub
Evaluate ore color
If ore color in !YesProspect use Prospect Tool
If "You find that xxx can be mined here" or whatever the message is thne you are successful
Return to dig loop

You get the idea...

There are a series of messages associated with the tool that you would want to be aware of, a couple of fail type messages and a success type message, these would be necessary for whatever journal scan logic you are running. I have the list however not at work, I'd be happy to post them up here later if you want.

XII

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »
Hi,

I just thought why don't you two team up and bring up a new advanced miner script.... ?

cu

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 10:06:12 AM »
Ohh, tag-team scirpting!  I like that rana!  hehe.

That's how we got some of our senior projects done in college.  One guy would program until he wilted, then the next dude would take over.  Crazy stuff.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 11:09:47 AM »
LOL,

That's how we got some of our senior projects done in college.  One guy would program until he wilted, the rest of us drank beer.

C

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 11:29:37 AM »
Collaboration makes the world go round; if you agree that anti-matter and matter collaborate.

More Ideas in no particular order.  I think this would be the cadillac miner and overkill for most.

Check box to allow for User to Keep Protection up (I think we recently came to the conclusion that a talisman could drop that)

Drop down to select Defense
   --None--
   Flee
   Fight til death
   Fight til xx%

For Flee, I'll present an option screen to allow you to include and exclude mob types, set the reputation of humans to flee from, max mobs
For both fights You'll get just about the same options screen
For the fight till XX% you'll also have to state what percentage

Drop down to select fighting still
   --AutoDefend--
   Pet? GM Miner with a Greater Dragon? <-- and I think you should hide the dragon when you get to the mine
   Archery *maybe we'd check to keep your bow equipped although we encourage a spell casting weapon
   Melee *maybe we'd check to keep your bow equipped although we encourage a spell casting weapon, I personally don't like this because it probably wrecks your armor
   Fireball
   Curse - Fireball
   Evil Omen - Fireball
   Corpse Skin - FireBall
   Mind Blast
   Curse - Mind Blast
   Evil Omen - Mind Blast
   ...etc

Maybe we just list all the offensive spells and provide an option for pre-casting other spells like (Curse, Evil Omen, Corpse Skin, maybe poison)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »
Hmmm, why not sub up that Autodefend arrangement and I'll put it in my miner too LOL!!

X

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
He KilroyIsDead,

make sure to have a thumb on the dispaly size ...
x12 ... hsa a monster monitor .. .so is menues tent
to go get as big asmy 19" screen ... so no UO client
will be seen  ;)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 12:29:54 PM »
Bah, Dual Monitor Baby!

12x, So you just want me to make an AutoDefend Engine?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 02:33:22 PM »
LOL Rana - I made the menu on my little 14" POS laptop and it was only about 2.5" x 3" so I have no idea WTF you're talking about!  ;)

I've been shopping for a while and think I'm going to jump on board with a 24" Samsumg ToC but I need to hit the "Submit your order" button still, been in my Cart for three days now.

But back to the real topic, nah don't worry about me on the autodefend thing. I like keeping things simple for now, I may think about something like that down the road.

Tags: