Author Topic: Gen's Library Donations  (Read 77156 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Gen's Library Donations
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »
Any clue on what part of the scripting process isn't working, Gim? 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »
I think first any that used the status gump might be acting weird.
The faf was not looting the serps.
there is more  - but now it doesn't matter since we have another patch

Offline Ganesh89

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ganesh89 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »
Gimlet any heads-up on this one.....? could it be something changed in the waitForSysVars sub? The script seems to stop there....

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2013, 04:42:28 AM »
I have not had any problems lately, are you still having problems with this script?

Offline Ganesh89

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ganesh89 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2013, 04:01:06 PM »
yep i do.....it just sits there after adjusting statusbar and backback.....setup won't come up....

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2013, 01:50:27 PM »
well, i just ran across this script as well, and yepp, decided to give it a whirl. i loaded it, went to bank, clicked play, and it moved my backpack, opened my status bar (life bar) and then it ceased to do anything at all. i re-checked the instructions, started it again, same result.

Offline Magier

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Magier has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2013, 08:08:35 PM »
the status gump has increased in size so you need to adjust the size of the status gump window for it to recognize your chars right properties
Drop out, all the cool kids are doing it.

Offline chocobutter

• Activity:
    0%
  • chocobutter has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2013, 01:18:49 AM »
THANK YOU! been looking for one of these for a while now... this will make it very convenient to make my sampire suits... is there anyway to modify it to do the necrobooks instead though? i want about four paids of the nocternal glasses for a nakid mage :D thank you for the release i love it works perfectly 10/10

Offline cosmbot

• Activity:
    0%
  • cosmbot has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2013, 08:17:02 AM »
I couldnt able to work this script. i start play moves status and backpack and sits like forever menu isnt come up.
EuO 241 EA.I did the fixes at previous messages any one can help?

Offline cherrios

• Activity:
    0%
  • cherrios has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2013, 02:42:14 PM »
How do we change the size of the status gump

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2013, 06:16:47 PM »
Locate the "openstatusbar" sub and change this line:

Code: [Select]
gosub WaitForSysVars CONTSIZE = 432_184 CONTNAME = status_gump

to the proper value.  I don't know what the size of the existing gump is, but it's easy to find out.  Just have EUO running and single click your status gump.  From there, just look at the value of #CONTSIZE.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline vanzelus

• Activity:
    0%
  • vanzelus has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2013, 07:56:54 AM »
Hi, I guess the owner of this script no longer support this?  I was wondering how to add in a subscript that will allow for the tinkering of the axes and donate, instead of buying them....I'm still new at scripting so don't really know where to start...thanks.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2013, 10:26:37 AM »
Hi, I guess the owner of this script no longer support this?  I was wondering how to add in a subscript that will allow for the tinkering of the axes and donate, instead of buying them....I'm still new at scripting so don't really know where to start...thanks.
Correct, the author has not been around for quite some time.

What you are asking to do is not a simple feature add anyhow, it is a pretty major change.

I don't understand why you'd want to do this anyhow to be honest (and you're not the first person to ask). I did a cost analysis on this once *digs out spreadsheet* based crafting at 10 gold per iron ingot (what I'm seeing as the current "general" rate).

For M&S -

Buckler Purchased
Cost: 47
Total needed: 88,889
Total Cost: $4,177,778
Total Trips at 300 Stones per Trip (just a baseline number for reference): 1,482
Total Time: The time it takes to recall, buy, recall, and turn in 1,482 times +/-

Buckler Crafted
Cost: 100 (10 ingots x 10 gold)
Total Cost: $8,888,900
Total Ingots: 888,890
Total Trips at 300 Stones per Trip (just a baseline number for reference): 1,482
Total Time: The time it takes to craft, recall, and turn in 1,482 times +/-.

Consider 300 stones at 5 stones per buckler is 60 bucklers. If you could bang out a buckler every second and never had to restock or make new smith tools (yep, impossible but..hey, what if) you would be looking at a minute of crafting for every trip. This means you would be CRAFTING ALONE for 24.7 hours plus down times, ingot restocking, tool crafting, etc. Then you would still have delivery time (but that exists in either scenario so we can call that a wash).

Obviously Battle Axes's are the better choice so here is a breakdown:

Battle Axe Purchased
Cost: 22
Total Cost: $1,955,556
Total Trips at 300 Stones per Trip (just a baseline number for reference): 1,185
Total Time: See above discussion

Battle Axe Crafted
Cost: 140 (14 ingots x 10 gold)
Total Cost: $12,444,460
Total ingots: 1,244,446
Total Trips at 300 Stones per Trip (just a baseline number for reference): 1,185
Total Time: See above

As you can see, clearly it is MUCH more cost and time (and time = more cost) effective to sell your ingots and BUY the turn-in items. In fact, considering the going rate is roughly 8-10mil for the glasses, I would argue that crafting them causes you to lose money.

And this doesn't even take into account the time gone in to mining. There is no way you can mine 1,000,000 +/- ingots per day without several accounts script mining at once. Oh, and don't forget the cost of crafting enough tools to make that many items, I didn't include that!

I know that sometimes playing the game is more about self sufficiency. Learn to mine, learn to craft, use all this stuff to get some glasses. It's not for making money, etc, etc, etc it's just to do it all myself! The issue is that with sufficiency comes inefficiency and scripting is ALL ABOUT efficinecies IMO.

Of course this is only one nerd's rant lol.

X
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:29:02 AM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline vanzelus

• Activity:
    0%
  • vanzelus has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2013, 11:02:24 AM »
Hi, I guess the owner of this script no longer support this?  I was wondering how to add in a subscript that will allow for the tinkering of the axes and donate, instead of buying them....I'm still new at scripting so don't really know where to start...thanks.
Correct, the author has not been around for quite some time.

What you are asking to do is not a simple feature add anyhow, it is a pretty major change.

I don't understand why you'd want to do this anyhow to be honest (and you're not the first person to ask). I did a cost analysis on this once *digs out spreadsheet* based crafting at 10 gold per iron ingot (what I'm seeing as the current "general" rate).

For M&S -

Buckler Purchased
Cost: 47
Total Cost: $4,177,778
Total Time: The time it takes to recall, buy, recall, and turn in 1,482 times +/-

Buckler Crafted
Cost: 100 (10 ingots x 10 gold)
Total Cost: $8,888,900
Total Ingots: 888,890
Total Time: The time it takes to craft, recall, and turn in 1,482 times +/-.

Consider 300 stones at 5 stones per buckler is 60 bucklers. If you could bang out a buckler every second and never had to restock or make new smith tools (yep, impossible but..hey, what if) you would be looking at a minute of crafting for every trip. This means you would be CRAFTING ALONE for 24.7 hours plus down times, ingot restocking, tool crafting, etc. Then you would still have delivery time (but that exists in either scenario so we can call that a wash).

Obviously Battle Axes's are the better choice so here is a breakdown:

Battle Axe Purchased
Cost: 22
Total Cost: $1,955,556
Total Time: See above discussion

Battle Axe Crafted
Cost: 140 (14 ingots x 10 gold)
Total Cost: $12,444,460
Total ingots: 1,244,446
Total Time: See above

As you can see, clearly it is MUCH more cost and time (and time = more cost) effective to sell your ingots and BUY the turn-in items. In fact, considering the going rate is roughly 8-10mil for the glasses, I would argue that crafting them causes you to lose money.

And this doesn't even take into account the time gone in to mining. There is no way you can mine 1,000,000 +/- ingots per day without several accounts script mining at once. Oh, and don't forget the cost of crafting enough tools to make that many items, I didn't include that!

I know that sometimes playing the game is more about self sufficiency. Learn to mine, learn to craft, use all this stuff to get some glasses. It's not for making money, etc, etc, etc it's just to do it all myself! The issue is that with sufficiency comes inefficiency and scripting is ALL ABOUT efficinecies IMO.

Of course this is only one nerd's rant lol.

X

Definitely understand your point but the reason I asked is because I have loads of iron ingots sitting around and taking up space....there are no other uses for them that I consider worth doing; donating them to clean up is a no no as the conversion rate is horrible, 60k ingots for 6k points YIKES!  I can donate directly to the library but again, the rewards from doing so are worthless.  Thus is why I wanted to see if a smith/tool tinker subscript can be added to this as I think that would be an excellent use of ingots :)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
Sell them at half the going rate and you will have enough $ for 2 Mace and Shields using the same amount of ingots you would burn on only one.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: