Author Topic: SIGNIFICANT crash issues since patching today  (Read 5007 times)

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: SIGNIFICANT crash issues since patching today
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 08:35:15 AM »
I made comcast unthrottle my internet connection and I'm not seeing the problem now.

Comcast is evil.

:)

OK, I give!  What does un-throttling your Internet Connection mean?  What does it do?  Is it something everyone here should be concerned with?  Don't leave us hanging like that...not fair to tease us!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 11:26:25 AM »
If you have Cable and in some cases DSL also.  They have filters or settings in your Home unit or outside box that limits your thru-put for your connection.  With alot of the older Cable Boxes in your house you could reflash the box with a modded flash and with other you could change some settings in the box and get unlemited bandwith.  Doing this if the provider was atleast a little obsevant would get you in alot of trouble, because they could see the spike in usage.  Most sytems now are limited and the ISP and they will throttle you down if you do not check it often and check witht them.  Ussually when a Cable provider gets a call and some of the customers are getting low bandwith the first thing they will start trying is throttling other customers down to give the other customers more speed.  Cable can only provide a certain bandwidth and the more customers that are on the same cable are using bandwidth.  So badwidth = MaxBandwidth - total users.  Throttling is a temp fix when a system is already overloaded but is not the right thing to do.  But you have a lot of people that do not know the difference and some even dont care, but others want the most out of there system they can get.  You can do some checks your self like dslreports.com will give you some speed info.  Also calling you ISP and telling them hey I am not getting anywhere near the speeds you promised me.  Can you guys fix this or atleast give me some more speed or do I need to go with another provider. Alot of the time the later will get you results. If I went to fast or got blurry in the middle ask questions please.

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 04:23:11 PM »
^^^^

What Mass said.  The conversation went something like this.

"Hey - I pay extra for ludicrous speed.  I'm not getting it."
"Really?  Are you sure?"
"I'm sure."
"Have you gone to Comcast's speed testing website?"
"Yeah.  I also went to some legitimate speed testing sites I actually trust to give me an accurate reading.  They say you suck."
"Hmm...looks like they're right.  We do suck.  We shall suck less immediately, since you pay us ungodly amounts of hard-earned cash every month and you had the brains to complain."

I may have paraphrased a bit, there.

:)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 05:05:43 AM »
I dont know that is about on target for even level 3 tech support at a ISP HQ. LOL

Tags: