Author Topic: Enhancing a weapon with valorite....damage?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Enhancing a weapon with valorite....damage?
« on: November 13, 2009, 11:22:12 AM »
Okay so I am reading enhancing with valorite adds all 4 elements.  Here is my question....

When using a weapon with all 4 elemental types, against something that has a 0 against one of them, say cold like fire lementals.  Will you get the full dmg as if you were using a 100% fire weapon?  Or just 20% of the damage will be full?  Can anyone explain to me in detail how this works?  Does it take the resists on the weapon the creature is most vullnderable to?  Or does it use ALL damage types even if the target is immune?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Enhancing a weapon with valorite....damage?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 11:26:34 AM »
It's all broken down. If a weapon does 20 physical, 20 fire, 20 cold, 20 poison, 20 energy against a monster with 40/30/70/50/40 resists, then the total damage is split up first then applied against the specific resistance to give the damage inflicted.

Say your total damage output is 50 points, and your weapon is 50% poison and 50% fire. That means 25 points damage against the opponents poison resist, and 25 points damage against the fire resist. Depending on how much resistance they have is what final damage you apply to them.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: