Author Topic: The best UOAM replacement I've seen yet...  (Read 19453 times)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The best UOAM replacement I've seen yet...
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 08:48:15 AM »

You can jump on it OMG but I'd prefer that only people with access to the private guild section that are participating in guild stuff with us on the home shard have the info. :)

It's all good :)

I just ordered the PC haha.

I love this new map though it just seems to run so much better.  It looks so great too I love how it shows hills & all.  Everyone in my guild loves it also and has no objection running map again when we pvp lol.  So now I need to get us our server back up haha.

Scrripty

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 10:07:17 AM »

You can jump on it OMG but I'd prefer that only people with access to the private guild section that are participating in guild stuff with us on the home shard have the info. :)

I love this new map though it just seems to run so much better.  It looks so great too I love how it shows hills & all.  Everyone in my guild loves it also and has no objection running map again when we pvp lol.  So now I need to get us our server back up haha.

Yea 5 or 6 people on last night, and it ran fine.  Not one issue... I do have a quadcore phenom II black edition cpu tho... with 6 gigs of ram... that always helps. :)

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 10:56:02 AM »
Looks like a great replacement, gonna give it a try myself...though getting my guild to move might be an issue as some of them aren't the sharpest crayons in the box.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 02:06:44 PM »

Yea 5 or 6 people on last night, and it ran fine.  Not one issue... I do have a quadcore phenom II black edition cpu tho... with 6 gigs of ram... that always helps. :)

lol no way!  This computer is the same proccessor :P  Not as much memory though but I should be okay.  Going to macro mine on one account & run a ghost cam on oaks 24/7 to piss off the trammies :P

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 04:33:50 AM »
New version up today, here's the release notes.

Updates
0.9.6.3 Nov 25:
+ Fix for installer on Vista/Win7, runs as admin by default
+ Fix for rectangular windows showing edges
+ Fix for window going off screen and saving that position
+ Fix for obscure invalid facet bug (needs more testing)
+ Fix for personal .map files crashing, maybe (needs more testing)
+ Can now edit and delete markers from within UOC
+ Adjustments to client/server protocol. New clients will work with older servers. New server will *NOT* work with older clients

Anyone figure out how to get server lines to show? I don't see an option. Also, my "Advanced Options" are disabled for some reason, is that by design at the moment? I tried working through the thread but there is so much Stratics-wheeny crap there that it makes me want to turn to the knife.

I also want to figure out the TMap location piece, I'll work on that later though after other's make some progress lol.

Good stuff Superslayer, thanks for bringing this to our attention! Since I never go over to Stratics it would have been a long time before I heard about it otherwise and I'm liking it a lot so far.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 08:58:56 AM »
Your very welcome 12x, I realize that alot of users here don't venture to stratics for a multitude of reasons and that's all good.  I've got a good rep over there with lots of people, especially the crew in the Rares forum, so sharing information is something I like doing with all people.

As for the serverlines, I don't think they're implimented completely, or at least implimented correctly.  There's an .xml file located in the install dir that holds the variable for server lines to show or not.  I've turned it off and on with no difference in the map display, but that doesn't mean that it completely doesn't work.  I'll play around with it more tomorrow when I get home from work.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2009, 09:23:14 PM »
I host a UOC server from my main computer while playing UO and everything else even LoL! I have no problems running the server or the client versions on my PC (My PC: http://sites.google.com/site/ultimaonlinesite/new-computer ) UOC is FAR superior to UOAM and no one in my guild has had any problems other than a few idiots that can't click "Run as Admin" and people who can't type the right number in the Port box LoL!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2009, 07:08:13 PM »
OK, Wow!  What a great addition to the UO tools community.

My hats off to Kiwillian.  Too bad this will never get official approval from EA.  At least they won't take action against users of this fabulous tool.

This gets the ScriptUO seal of approval.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 07:24:19 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 07:17:06 PM »
OK, Wow!  What a great addition to the UO tools community.

My hats off to Kiwillian.  Too bad this will never get official approval from EA.  At least they won't take action against users of this fabulous tool.

Yea it's been amazing.  I have it running 24/7 and don't ever notice it even with 5 or 6 people on it.  Good stuff.  Oh yea, plus you can throw all your old map files in the UOC dir and they just work.  Love that. :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »
Ya TM I'm hugely impressed with this product, it's given me new life in my really big script, and I almost can't wait to share what I have up my sleeve with this UOC !!

btw...500th post for me !!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 08:49:15 PM »
Congrats on the 500th post SS

wow just noticed 1016th post for me .. congrats my chatterboxing self.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »
Make sure you download the most recent beta of UOC...otherwise crashity crash crash crash.

:)

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 10:47:42 PM »
Someone mentioned that they were creating 'Special Maps' for UOC and that we should upload them somewhere.  I would like to see a map done of all the new SA Stealables marked with the name and artifact level.  Running around the Abyss sometimes I get lost and dis-oriented.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2009, 06:31:48 AM »
These have been up on stratics for a while, a little small, but they work:

Offline simple69

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • simple69 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2009, 07:41:04 AM »
Just downloaded this tool the other day and love it as well.  Glad there is a replacment out there I would be lost with out a decent mapping tool. :)

Tags: