Author Topic: SuperSlayer's Multi-Single Item Unraveler  (Read 10273 times)

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
SuperSlayer's Multi-Single Item Unraveler
« on: December 09, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »
Since the next patch will allow for better gains to be made from unraveling items one at a time, I figure this will make a nice script for anyone who wants it.  It's pretty fast imo. Simply have the bag with stuff to unravel in you backpack, press start, and target the bag when prompted.

Updated to version 3.0 with these inclusions:

Version 3.0 + EN Mods
  - A temp updated version that implements the new click positions until SS comes back and updates for himself.

Version 3.0
 - Added Start button
 - Added Unravel Arti's check
 - Fully support new gumps for publish 63

Version 2.1
 - Fixed reset that did not reset the totals.
 - Corrected issue when user emptied their backpack, and the counts got screwey.
 - Fixed issue with incorrect counts after using Next Bag button.
 - Added "Button Uses" to header.
 - Added a commented-out GoSub Offset Click line (128) behind the currently used one in preparation of Publish 63.

Version 2.0
 - Added a few necessary waits
 - Added check for an empty bag at startup
 - Added results menu with button controls
 - Added a few more journal scan filters
 - Added a %User_Ignore_list  - searches by Type

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
SS_Single_Unraveler_3.0-EN Mods Nov 2011.txt
SS_Single_Unraveler_3.0.txt
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 07:46:28 PM by Endless Night »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: SuperSlayer's Multi-Single Item Unraveler
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 08:38:47 PM »
Update: Version 2.0

Code: [Select]
; Script Name: SuperSlayer's Multi-Single Item Unraveler
; Author: Superslayer
; Version: 2.0
; Client Tested with: 7.0.4.1 (Patch 95)
; EUO version tested with: 1.5 v161
; Razor Version tested with : 1.0.12.7
; Shard: OSI
; Release: 12-12-09
; Setup:
;   Be a gargoyle for better Returns
;   Have a bag in your backpack full of items to unravel
;   Be near a soulforge

; Credits:
;   TrailMyx for the Advanced Journal Scanner and Sync, gumpwait and offset click Subs.

; Purpose: Unravels all items in a targeted container of choice. Will ignore items that cannot be unraveled and/or
;          item types set by the user in the "%User_Ignore_list" just below.  Keeps a running tally of resources,
;          and total of all resources acquired from unraveling.

; Find & support us at ScriptUO.com !

; Version 2.0
;  - Added a few necessary waits
;  - Added check for an empty bag at startup
;  - Added results menu with button controls
;  - Added a few more journal scan filters
;  - Added a %User_Ignore_list  - searches by Type

; Version 1.0
;  - Initial release
; =========================

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
Looking forward to trying this, my imbuer is at 109.  Would like to finish him off. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:03:18 AM »
Nice!  and did they say we could gain up much higher now on unraveling items too?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 08:20:41 AM »
From the patch notes, better described in their words than mine  ;) :

Unraveling Changes

* The 50 intensity requirement to get multiple ingredients has been removed.
    * The type and quantity of ingredients returned from a successful unravel attempt has been modified so that in general, it returns more materials on average per unravel attempt.
    * Except for items with a total intensity of 1 to 49 intensity, which always give exactly 1 magical residue, there is now a chance to receive a bonus ingredient.
    * Unraveling single items and unraveling multiple items via the Unravel Container feature now use the same process, which eliminates any difference in results between the two methods.
      Unravel bags will no longer be sold, and existing unravel bags will lose their current functionality, as it has been incorporated into the initial imbuing menu.

Changes to Imbuing Skill Gain

* Imbuing focus value changed from 50 to 60. This means that you can gain skill from a wider range of difficulties.
    * The overall chance for skill gains has been increased.
    * There are now bonuses to skill gain chance when performing an imbue that requires relic fragments or rare item ingredients (monster drops, etc.). The bonus is per ingredient used, so more difficult imbuing attempts that use more ingredients will increase the chance for skill gain.
    * The number of times a single item can be imbued before it has diminished skill gain has been increased from 10 to 20.
    * The unraveling skill gain cap has been removed.
    * The difficulty value passed into the skill gain system is now roughly equal to the total intensity of the item * 2.
    * Unravel focus value changed from 50 to 70. This means that you can gain skill from a wider range of difficulties.
    * As with imbuing an item, there is now a bonus chance to gain skill based on the number of ingredients returned during the unravel attempt. The quality, and to a lesser extent the quantity, of the ingredients returned give a bonus to the chance to gain skill.

By the way I understand it, unless you're near legendary, unravel your items one at a time for better skill chance gain, and ingredient returns.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 08:24:32 AM »
interesting.  I totally don't get the changed imbuing focus from x to x.  WTH is that.  but I am going with what u said.  It seemed like it was buffed higher.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 08:34:36 AM »
By the way I understand it, unless you're near legendary, unravel your items one at a time for better skill chance gain, and ingredient returns.

I think that was the way it was and is .. but not what its going to be... they are now adjusting it so that the same code is used to unravel a container as indiviual items so will make no difference - at least to what ingredients are returned.. not sure as to gains..  as they said below...

Unraveling single items and unraveling multiple items via the Unravel Container feature now use the same process, which eliminates any difference in results between the two methods.

SS has is yours updated for the new gump positions..

Shameless plug..
ps for elites or specail project C members.. ive had a script that does this out since err couple months.. see http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2763.0
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 09:19:11 AM »
This does only one thing, unravels one item at a time and keeps a running total.  I hadn't really planned on sharing it, but when it became so that single items yielded better skill gain increases (via next patch), I figured I'd post.  What you linked there EN is way awesome and I know I'll be using it and helping with debugging!  I usually don't look around to see if another script exists similar to what I have (chances are that it does) before I share it, but I figure the more the merrier.    :D

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »
interesting.  I totally don't get the changed imbuing focus from x to x.  WTH is that.  but I am going with what u said.  It seemed like it was buffed higher.

Taken from stratics.....

Poster: Checked it on test. Not many of the useful artifacts qualify and enhancing is no big thing. The easyness of unraveling till legendary is kindoff can I say dev you kindoff crazy there? Oh man 120 legendary imbuers while they literaly sleep.

Wilki: It's "possible", but since unraveling is difficulty based, you'll stop gaining from unraveling items that are easier to get before you get to GM, much less 120.

This mostly helps those who are lower in skill, while still leaving the small chance that someone with higher skill might get an occasional 0.1 gain from unraveling an unwanted artifact for a relic fragment.

Keep in mind that the difficulty of the unravel attempt is set at 2 times the item's base total intensity. So, an item with 200 intensity will have a difficulty of 400, which translates to 40 skill. Since unraveling had a focus value of 70, you take half that, 35, and add it to 40 to get 75 skill. What that means is that you will never gain a point of imbuing skill unraveling a 200 intensity item past 75 imbuing skill.

In short, you'd need an awful lot of high intensity items to gain significant amounts of skill at higher levels via unraveling.

*Disclaimer*
This is going to be complicated and confusing to read, so stop here if you don't really, really care about how it all works under the hood

The way the skill gain system works depends on three values: your skill, the difficulty of the attempt, and the focus value of the skill. The focus value represents the "window" of skill values where it's possible to gain from the attempt, and it's centered at the difficulty of the attempt. So, in our case, the difficulty is 40, with a focus window of 70. That means that you have a chance to gain if your skill level is anywhere from 35 points below or above 40 skill (in this case, that means anywhere from 5-75 imbuing skill) Anything below that, and it's too hard, anything above that, and it's too easy.

So, to even have the tiniest chance to gain at, say, 115 imbuing skill, you'd need to unravel something with a difficulty of 80 (115-35). UO uses a 1000 scale internally for skill values, so 80 becomes 800 for the purposes of calculating the chance to gain. Since the difficulty of a given unravel attempt is double its intensity value, you'd need an item with half the difficulty value, which would be 400 intensity, to have the slightest chance at gaining a point of skill at 115 imbuing.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 06:15:30 PM »
Version 2.1 posted:

Code: [Select]
; Version 2.1
;  - Fixed reset that did not reset the totals.
;  - Corrected issue when user emptied their backpack, and the counts got screwey.
;  - Fixed issue with incorrect counts after using Next Bag button.
;  - Added "Button Uses" to header.
;  - Added a commented-out GoSub Offset Click line (114) behind the currently used one in preparation of Publish 63.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 06:45:03 PM »
Updated to version 3.0

Version 3.0
 - Added Start button
 - Added Unravel Arti's check
 - Fully support new gumps for publish 63

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »
Congratulations your Script has been moved to the script library (if you dont think the section is appropriate please pm me)
Thank you for your submission

Comments.
--This script no longer functions due to the fact that the imbueing menu layout has changed thus the click positions contained in the script are no longer correct.  It could be easily fixed.
  The new click postions are 205 199
-- Also the imbuing menu no longer auto loads after a single unravel is performed.

In order to keep usefull well coded script alive I have taken the unusual step of modifying it to function once more.  The modded version is in the first post. When SS returns he can update it once more.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 07:48:28 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 03:50:48 PM »
Checking SUO here and some of my scripts, I see there needs to be an update. Endless Night, thank you so much for taking care of one of my 'children', it's not easy to decipher what a maniac does with code :).

I'm considering jumping back into the game and bringing up to date some of my scripts and possibly creating more.

Thanks again EN!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 03:55:23 PM »
You may have to take over ENs stuff.  :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 02:56:11 PM »
You may have to take over ENs stuff.  :p

Umm  whats this ... lol... ok so yes I might have been a little on the absent side for a month or 30... 

Welcome back Superslayer...

Tags: