Author Topic: Per Request. Copy and Paste  (Read 4250 times)

Scrripty

Re: Per Request. Copy and Paste
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 09:41:04 AM »
You're right, it's 110 not 100. I knew that, my bad on the mistype.

They're stating that any items made "after" the patch you will be able to imbue on, not items made before. I assumed this bow was already created. If not then my bad again.

Yea that's how I read it too, anything after the patch is imbueable after enhancing.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 09:47:06 AM »
Wilki EA - UO Developer posted this last night in the Test Imbuing thread on stratics:

We've added an exception so that museum rewards are not imbuable. The way they were created makes it difficult for the imbuing system to handle them.

Also, the line "This only applies to new items created after this change." in the patch notes is supposed to be a sub-bullet for the line above it. To clarify, it only applies to items made from or enhanced with special materials, not artifacts or other items.

After further thought, a double weight penalty to properties on items that normally wouldn't have them is too harsh. However, it is still something we're looking at.

That said, another issue that we're looking at, and has been commented on in this thread, are properties that exceed the normal intensity cap, such as SSI on the general's bows. What are your thoughts on some penalty to weight for properties that exceed the normal intensity cap? It could either be a straight percentage to the entire amount, or perhaps just to the amount over the cap.

As always, we're looking forward to your feedback.

------------------------------------------
Then posted this:

Because of the limited number of item slots that some properties can be applied to normally, there is a "soft cap" for some properties as far as realistic use is concerned.

Lets say you found 3 items that had SSI in slots where it naturally doesn't belong. Of those 3 items, only one of them was commonly used, as the other two were lesser artifacts that sacrificed too much for players to consider using them for the extra SSI.

The same goes for items that allow properties to exceed the normal caps, as that acts in much the same fashion as having it on an item slot where it normally doesn't belong, except in that case, it doesn't even take up an extra property slot.

However, if you allow them to be imbued without any additional penalties, suddenly they're now being used in combinations that weren't practical or competitive before.

That's what I'm worried about.

--------------------------------------------

It looked like in his first comment that he said items crafter after would be the only ones that could be imbued.

It doesn't really matter in the end. You can just pop out some runic bows after the patch until you get the 40ssi anyway and take it from there if need be.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 09:51:24 AM »
So that means that every item in UO has creation/found data on it? I never thought about that. Maybe they go by "patch" and that info is on it... Either way, I can't see exactly what it says.... They could very well be talking about newly created items in the hopes of burning up resources.

Quote from: wilki
Also, the line "This only applies to new items created after this change." in the patch notes is supposed to be a sub-bullet for the line above it. To clarify, it only applies to items made from or enhanced with special materials, not artifacts or other items.

That actually says it both ways kinda... need to see the quote from the patch notes with this....

Quote from: wilki
it only applies to items made from or enhanced with special materials

That kind of implies that it's only MADE items and not artifacts... nothing to do with when it was created.

Can you get the patch notes?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
So I just used a heartwood kit on test a few mins ago. I wanted to see if the lower requirements property would count as a mod. Most of the bows it would not let me imbue on. I did get this one that worked:

35 ssi
46 di
28 life leech
46 harm

Physical Damage was 100% but even if it was like fire 50 poison 50 it wouldn't matter because the damage converter no longer counts as a mod.

When I went to imbue on it, I went to the ssi screen and it said that this was mod 5 of 5.

So to me it looks like the lower requirements 20% from the ash wood is still counting as a mod unfortunately.

Tags: